- Job no: 66065
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Pharmacy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Full-Time - 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
- Classification: Grade 3 Hospital Pharmacist SX6 – SX81
- Award: Victorian Public Sector (Medical Scientists, Pharmacists and Psychologists) Enterprise Agreement 2021-2025
- Based at The Alfred campus
The Pharmacy services operate over four sites within Alfred Health and provide high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training-based programs as well as high quality research. Pharmacists are essential members of all clinical teams and have a critical role in patient management. The service has three key priorities:
- Medication safety
- Effective use of medicines
- Delivery of specialist pharmacy expertise at critical points in the patient care pathway
Services have been aligned with the Alfred Health clinical programme structure; Further information is available at https://www.alfredhealth.org.au/services/pharmacy-at-alfred-health
The Senior Pharmacist – Cardiology position is responsible for coordinating and developing clinical pharmacy service provision to areas of the speciality including: General Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery and Day Procedure Unit/Cardiac Catheterisation Unit. The management of these services will be in conjunction with the Lead Cardiology Pharmacist. This post has a key role in the managing and mentoring of junior pharmacists rotating through the service. This would also include undergraduate student placements, intern rotations, postgraduate student placements and a contribution to medical, nursing, allied health and pharmacy education forums.
Research is an essential part of pharmacy services at Alfred Health. The post holder would also be expected to contribute to the research and educational activities of the Cardiology Services Programme as well as pursue their own programme of research.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Registered pharmacist with AHPRA
- Relevant clinical post-graduate qualification such as Masters in Clinical Pharmacy Practice or equivalent clinical experience
- Credentialed or a portfolio that demonstrates progression towards credentialing as a Consolidation (Level 2) or Advanced (Level 3) on the Australian Advanced Level Framework highly desirable
- High level of clinical skills and knowledge as well as judgement and reasoning
- Patient-centred approach to care
- Experience in the provision of clinical pharmacy services in cardiology services
- Tertiary care experience with a demonstrated understanding of contemporary practice in hospital clinical pharmacy services, QuM and therapeutics
- Extensive experience in the critical evaluation of medical literature and demonstrated ability to translate into clinical practice
- Strong ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams
- Contribute to development and evaluation of clinical pharmacy services
- Interest and or experience in supervision, mentoring and development of staff
- Experience in creating a positive workplace environment, prioritising and enhancing workplace culture
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access and discounted staff car parking
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Victoria Warner (Lead Pharmacist - Cardiology) via Tel: +61 3 9076 2061 or [email protected]
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Applications close: 11pm Sunday, 8 October 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
- Published on 19 Sep 2023, 3:36 AM