- Job no: 65816
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent , Full-time with flexible ADO
- Based in Alma Rd, St Kilda
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse Manager Grade 4
- Frequent professional development opportunities
What's in it for you
- Regular professional supervision
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
Alfred Mental & Addiction Health is responsible for the operation of services, which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
The single most important goal of Alfred Mental & Addiction Health is to create an environment that facilitates clinical recovery, supports individual recovery efforts and strives to minimise service system barriers to the recovery process.
Alma Rd Community Care Units (ARCC) provides a graduated model of residential rehabilitation for people with severe mental illness and associated disability unable to be supported in less intensive community options. Fourteen beds are provided on site at ARCC, with all clinical support and hotel type services provided by the clinical program. The model is underpinned by interdisciplinary care and supported through a clinical case management model. Periods of transition for clients moving into or out of the ARCC may be supported by care coordination from the community arm of other mental health teams. ARCC operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for the day to day clinical management and operations of ARCC, including the financial management and site management. These tasks are identified as building maintenance and lease management, accountability for all of the services financial and budget systems and the administration staff. Clinical responsibilities of this position include allocation of workload, supervision and monitoring of clinical activity and supervision to the team.
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse or Registered Nurse with Psychiatric endorsements and a current Victorian Practicing Certificate with the Nurses and Midwifery Board
- Minimum 8 years postgraduate nursing experience, preferably with community experience
- Nursing management or leadership experience
- Advanced clinical psychiatric nursing skills
- Management qualifications, or working towards would be highly regarded
- Australian working rights
- Full Covid-19 and 2023 Influenza vaccination
- Current Victorian Driver's License and be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, car parking (subject to availability), onsite gym, childcare services, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Located close to public transport and cafes
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Dan Cartlidge on ph: 0428 847 880
Applications close: 11pm Tuesday, 26 September 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.