- Job no: 65774
- Category: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed Term Position Available with the possibility of ongoing thereafter
- Full Time
- HS5 Classification – circa $108,000 p/a
- Alfred Health Campus - The Stables
Alfred Health People & Culture is responsible for the overall delivery of numerous Human Resources related services to the organisation. People & Culture incorporates HR Operations, Organisational Development, Redesigning Care, Library Services and the Australian Centre for Health Innovation. The operational component of Human Resources includes Employee Relations, OH&S, Recruitment and HR Business Partnering. This group is responsible for providing day to day HR advice and services on a range of issues, including workforce planning, policy interpretation, legislative compliance in relation to industrial agreements, performance management advice, the end-to-end attraction of talent and recruitment services, retention initiatives and general HR advice to employees and managers alike.
As an HR Services Business Partners, you will support the organisation and its employees by providing high-level guidance, advice and support to senior leaders and line managers through the provision of multi-faceted human resource services, proficient advice and professional expertise. Working within a dedicated Alfred Health client portfolio you will provide support on various HR matters. The position has an industrial relations focus, however you will provide advice on support on a range of HR matters including workforce planning, employee development and performance management, workforce diversity, conflict management, EBA, policy and guideline interpretation and compliance. You will be responsible for the provision of expert and accurate advice, case management, innovative solutions where appropriate, working within appropriate industrial legislation and liaising with subject matter experts in Recruitment, Employee Relations and Occupational Health & Safety when HR matters may require subject matter expert advice. You will be expected to work closely with senior program leaders and departmental supervisors and managers, including Executive Management, to deliver best practice employee relations and human resources business outcomes. This position will have a strong functioning relationship with the leadership teams of the organisation with a primary responsibility of being customer-focused. You will be joining a dedicated and supportive team of HR Business Partners and be supported and guided by a highly experienced leadership team within People and Culture and healthcare.
This role would not only suit an experienced HR Business Partner but also a highly experienced HR Advisor or Consultant looking to take the next step in their HR career.
- An applicable tertiary level qualification in business or health science
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in the provision of HR advice in a large and complex environment
- A proven understanding of industrial legislation and employment law principles
- Strong and proven stakeholder management skills
- Proven experience in all HR matters including performance management techniques and practices, complaints management, workforce planning, change management etc.
- Experience in working in HR within the Health Industry is desirable
- Familiarity with Health industry awards and agreements
- Postgraduate qualification in Human Resources or Industrial Relations
- Salary Packaging
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Staff Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Child Care Services (Alfred Hospital)
- Onsite gym
Please send any enquiries to Craig Till at [email protected]
Applications Close: 11pm AEST, Friday 24th November 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.