- Job no: 65756
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Occupational Therapy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
NEW GRADUATE OCCUPATIONAL THERAPISTS
- 2 x Fixed Term Grade 1 Occupational Therapist (Rotational) Positions - immediate start until September 2025
- 2 x Fixed Term Grade 1 Occupational Therapist (Rotational) Positions - commencing January 2024 until January 2026
- Full-Time - 80 hours per fortnight (with ADO). Part-Time considered
- Grade 1 Occupational Therapist Classifications (VE8-VF3)
- Alfred Health sites (The Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham Hospitals)
The Occupational Therapy Department at Alfred Health
The Occupational Therapy Service at Alfred Health operates across The Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham Hospitals, with clinical services aligned to Alfred Health's strategic goals and operational performance targets.
The benefits of working within the Occupational Therapy department at Alfred Health include:
- The opportunity to work in a supportive team with diverse clinical expertise and knowledge.
- Access to regularly scheduled PD opportunities and cross-campus education, supported by a strong clinical supervision framework.
- A commitment to developing your clinical, non-clinical and leadership skills with a focus on promoting personal development and career progression and providing the opportunity to participate in Research and Quality Improvement initiatives.
- A focus on work-life balance and employee well-being with access to formal employee support programs.
- Access to Salary Packaging.
The Position Summary
The successful candidate will participate in 6-monthly rotational positions across all Alfred Health sites and may include acquired brain injury (ABI), rehabilitation and aged care caseloads at the Caulfield site, the acute Occupational Therapy Service at The Alfred and Sandringham Hospital sites, and the Community Rehabilitation Program (Caulfield). Grade One (Rotational) Occupational Therapists are responsible for the provision of Occupational Therapy Services within a designated clinical caseload, appropriate to their level of experience and competency. We are looking for dynamic grade one Occupational Therapists to provide high-quality assessment and management of patients as a member of the Alfred Health Occupational Therapy department. This role offers a valuable and unique opportunity to gain clinical experience in a range of settings and clinical areas/settings and first-hand exposure to a patient's journey through the entire continuum of care.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- New Graduate (Grade 1 Year 1-2)
- B. App Sc (OT), B. Occupational Therapy, MOT prac or recognised equivalent
- Full Registration held with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia (via AHPRA)
- Member of OT Australia (or eligibility for membership)
- Emerging core clinical assessment and intervention skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to work well within a team environment and relate to medical, nursing and allied health staff, patients and families
- Recent experience working in acute or subacute inpatient services (and/or relevant experience as a student) is desirable
- Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Staff Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym (Alfred Hospital)
- Close to shops and public transport
For more information about the role and expected skill set, please refer to the attached position description.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Penny Van Veenendaal (Senior Occupational Therapist) at 0408 484 099
Please advise which position(s) you are applying for.
Applications close Sunday, 1st October 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
- Published on 12 Sep 2023, 2:02 AM