- Job no: 65730
- Category: Nurse, Registered Nurse
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Ongoing Appointment
- Part Time - 72 Hours Per Fortnight
- Located at The Alfred
- Classification: Grade 2 Registered Nurse
Join Alfred Health - Making a Difference in Healthcare!
Alfred Health is a renowned leader in healthcare delivery, improvement, research, and education. We are dedicated to providing exceptional health services to the vibrant inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne. Our comprehensive range of ambulatory, inpatient, and home-based services ensures that we make a difference in the lives of our community.
Nursing Opportunity - Embrace the Challenge and Thrive!
We have an exciting part-time opportunity (72 hours per fortnight) for experienced nurses seeking a change in focus and lifestyle. If you thrive in high-acuity areas and are ready for a new and rewarding role, this is your chance to shine!
Unleash Your Skills in Perioperative Care
At Alfred, our perioperative roles have fostered a strong nursing identity and patient-centred approach. The complexity and acuity of patients we serve require dedicated and passionate nurses with clinical expertise and a drive for delivering exceptional care. From state wide services including major trauma , burns and heart/lung transplants, as well as Australia’s only provider of paediatric lung transplants. You'll be challenged every day, ensuring the wellbeing of our complex patients.
Investing in Your Success
At Alfred Health, we value our nurses and are committed to their professional growth. We offer a range of benefits and support programs to help you reach your full potential:
- Regular rostered non-clinical time dedicated to professional development.
- Support for post-graduate studies to expand your knowledge and skills.
- Career development opportunities, including mentorship and leadership programs.
Join a Premier Healthcare Facility
Recognised as one of Australia's leading healthcare facilities, The Alfred's Operating Suite offers specialised adult services, including Trauma Care, Heart/Lung Transplantation, and Burns treatment. With ten state-of-the-art theatres and a dedicated Post-Anaesthetic Care Unit (PACU), our nursing staff provides specialised care to high-acuity patients, making a real difference in their lives.
What We Seek:
- Excellent communication skills to engage effectively with patients and colleagues.
- A strong patient focus to deliver compassionate and personalized care.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Peri-anaesthetic nursing experience that demonstrates your clinical expertise.
- Current AHPRA registration to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Working with Children Check to ensure the safety of our young patients.
Enjoy the Perks of Being an Alfred Health Team Member:
- Competitive salary with salary packaging options for additional benefits.
- Discounted health insurance to support your well-being.
- Convenient on-site car parking for hassle-free commuting.
- Many public transport options.
Ready to Make a Difference?
Join our passionate team of healthcare professionals at Alfred Health and embark on a fulfilling career where you'll be valued, challenged, and empowered. Apply now to seize this opportunity to grow both personally and professionally.
Please contact Megan baker ( NUM) on 0429107619 if you would like to discuss this opportunity further
Applications close: 11pm, Sunday 1st October 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
- Published on 01 Sep 2023, 12:26 AM