- Job no: 65199
- Category: Technical and Support, Other Technical / Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Position
- Part-time hours, afternoon and weekend work required (27 hours per fortnight)
- Patient Services Assistant Level 2 classification code – PS25
- Sandringham location
- Staff benefits
Support Services provides the core Support Services of Non-ward Cleaning, Gardens and Grounds, Distribution, Security, Ward Support, Food Services, and Car Parking. The position of Patient Services Assistant is a key operational role within the Support Services team.
We are seeking motivated and enthusiastic people to join our Patient Services Ward Support team. We are recruiting for a part-time PSA across the wards. In this role, you will be responsible for the delivery of meals to ward locations, bed making and general cleaning duties. You will have a background of experience in Food Services within Health and Aged Care Facilities or equivalent. You will have experience working in a hospital environment and excellent communication skills. A high level of flexibility and motivation to achieve set standards, contribute to Occupational Health and Safety and understand and practice infection control principles is required.
Qualifications and Experience
- A background of experience in Cleaning and Food Services within Health and Aged Care facilities
- Have or be willing to complete the necessary training to hold a Certificate III in Health Services
- Have completed or be willing to participate in training and education appropriate to improve skills required for the performance of the position
- Ability to respond promptly and courteously to internal and external customers
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to multitask and work in different areas with the Health Services
- Salary packaging and Novated leasing
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Staff car parking (subject to availability)
For all enquiries relating to this position, please contact Jason Boustead (Manager, Non-Clinical Support Services) at [email protected]
Applications close Friday, 22 September 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.