- Job no: 64797
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Occupational Therapy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed term, 12 month contract
- Part time - 16 hours per week
- Classification - Grade 2 or 3
- Caulfield Pain Management and Research Centre, Caulfield Hospital location
- Great staff benefits!
Caulfield Pain Management and Research Centre (CPM&RC) is an ambulatory service providing specialist assessment and treatment for adults with chronic non-cancer related pain. The Centre aims to assist patients to reduce the impact of persistent pain by optimising pain treatments, improving function and promoting self-management. This is achieved by expert assessment and patient education There is a focus on the Cognitive Behavioural education and restoration of function for management of pain with a philosophy of teaching self-management strategies, and access to a number of treatment modalities including group and individual treatment programs. The centre undertakes research on outcomes of pain treatments, psychosocial aspects of chronic pain, pain and ageing and novel therapies for pain.
The Occupational Therapist will be responsible for the provision of comprehensive clinical Occupational Therapy assessment, treatment and education of patients with complex pain conditions. They will work within a multidisciplinary team comprising of doctors, psychologists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, nurses and other team members. The assessment and treatment in group and individual settings, using biopsychosocial models of pain management. The programme uses cognitive behavioural therapy, mindfulness, education and restoration of function for management of pain. The therapist will be involved in the education of other staff about the role of Occupational Therapy.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (OT)
- Current full registration with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia
- Sound assessment and treatment skills with demonstrated ability to develop and assess realistic treatment plans aligning with client centred goals within the areas of clinical expertise
- Experience in group work
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills with a commitment to high standards of documentation in medical records and report writing
- Excellent interpersonal communication with an ability to provide person centred care
- Demonstrated ability to contribute and work within an interdisciplinary team
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Regular professional and operational supervision
- Access to a range of professional development opportunities
- Access to Salary Packaging
- Easy public transport access
- Discounted staff carparking
Position Enquiries to Fiona Thomas, Senior Occupational Therapist, Caulfield Pain Management and Research Centre.
Phone: 9076 6834 or Email: [email protected]
Applications close at 11 pm Sunday, 18th June 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.