- Job no: 64749
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Speech Pathology
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed Term Full Time at 80 hours per fortnight (including ADO)
- Grade 1 Classification (VP3-VP7 or AF15 if applicable)
- Salary Range $66,518.40 - $84,983.60
- Alfred Hospital
- Staff benefits
The Alfred Health Speech Pathology Department is a coordinated service across all of Alfred Health, including The Alfred Hospital; Caulfield Hospital; and Sandringham Hospital.
This position is a one year role with a 12-month rotation between The Alfred and Caulfield Hospitals including the Community Rehabiliation Centre.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Speech Pathologist to join the Alfred Health Speech Pathology team. The successful candidate will provide a high level of Speech Pathology service to the allocated caseload within the inpatient and community settings . There may also be the opportunity for rotation into other areas of Alfred Health. Responsibilities include assessment and management of patients with disorders of swallowing, communication and cognition.
- A recognised degree in Speech Pathology
- Eligibility for membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- Experience in an acute setting is preferred.
- An ability to apply theoretical knowledge in the areas of dysphagia, dysphasia, motor speech disorders and cognition.
- Experience with videofluoroscopy is desirable
- Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing through Maxxia
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
Please address the critical selection criteria listed in the position description.
Please send enquiries to Speech Pathology Manager, Kate Lawlor, 0437 353 788 or [email protected]
Applications close: 11 pm Sunday, 4 June 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.