- Job no: 64748
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Speech Pathology
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- 12 Month Full time Maternity leave cover
- Speech Pathologist Acute Trauma Unit
- Classification: Grade 2 VW1-VW4
The Ward 5 West Allied Health team includes clinicians from Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Orthotics and Prosthetics, Speech Pathology, Social Work, Nutrition and Psychology (including Neuropsychology) and will be supported by Allied Health Assistants. The Allied Health team works closely with the Nursing and Medical teams to provide a comprehensive and timely service to patients on Ward 5 West. In October 2019, a new purpose-built Trauma and Orthopaedics ward, 5 West, opened at The Alfred replacing ward 2 West. This is a 40-bed ward (including 8 single-bed patient rooms), with a dedicated surgical procedure zone, active therapy zones and spaces for families and carers.
- To provide a high quality speech pathology service to inpatients in the acute clinical setting at The Alfred.
- To provide high quality speech pathology services related to the assessment and management of patients with communication and/or swallowing disorders.
- To contribute to the management of the Speech Pathology Department through participation in professional development and ongoing quality activities.
- To provide supervision, education and training of staff and students.
- A recognised degree in Speech Pathology
- Eligibility for membership of Speech Pathology Association of Australia
- Minimum 3 years experience in provision of Speech Pathology services
- Demonstrated skills in Speech Pathology intervention with a wide range of clients in the acute clinical setting, including tracheostomy management, intensive care, head injury and cognitive deficits swallowing and communication management of patients with a variety of etiologies
- Experience in student supervision
- Capacity to provide high level teaching, training and supervision to professional staff
- Capacity to evaluate and enhance the effectiveness of Speech Pathology programs and services
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym (The Alfred only)
- Child care services (The Alfred only)
Enquiries: Speech Pathology Manager, Kate Lawlor, 0437353788 or [email protected]
Applications close: 11pm Sunday, 4 June 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.