- Job no: 64724
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Full-time with flexible ADO
- Based in St Kilda Rd location
- Social Worker or Occupational Therapist Grade 3
- Frequent professional development opportunities
Alfred Mental & Addiction Health (AMAH)
AMAH has a mental health service and planning responsibility for residents of inner south-eastern metropolitan Melbourne. We care for people with severe and complex mental illness and psychological distress seeking specialist mental health & addiction treatment, care, and support. We are committed to implementing the reform agenda established by the Victorian government following the Royal Commission into Victoria’s Mental Health System.
State-wide Women’s Mental Health Service (SWMHS)
The SWMHS is an innovative project being developed in response to the Royal Commission recommendations for partnerships between the public and private sector, and the need for gender segregation and sexually safe units.
We recognise that women experiencing mental ill-health have specific needs that differ from their male counterparts that require tailored treatment and support.
Our 30-bed facility located at Albert Road Clinic Hub will be run in partnership with Ramsay Health, and our 5-bed facility located at Shepparton Private Hospital will be run in partnership with Ramsay Health and GV Health.
The unit will provide a state-wide comprehensive specialist service for women and those who identify as women experiencing severe mental ill-health and trauma. Our care will be trauma informed and wellness focused.
You can read more about the SWMHC here [ABC Article] and here (Premier announcement).
In this role, you will be working within the Hospital in the Home program, to provide acute mental health hospital-substitution care to women and people who identify as women in their homes.
You will work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team environment, consisting of psychiatrists, allied health and nursing staff, peer and carer support workers to communicate and coordinate client care.
Specifically, you will serve as a role model for professional practice with demonstrated capacity to translate policy into practice and exhibit effective communication of expected standards. The capacity to undertake and contribute to service development and quality projects is essential.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Registration with the relevant registering body (AASW, OTA, NMBA)
- Experience providing assessment and treatment of mental health disorders and alcohol and other drug disorders to clients and their families
- Experience in leading teams and effecting a positive multidisciplinary team environment.
- Be familiar with and adhere to relevant professional codes of ethics, the values of Alfred Health, and relevant legislation, in particular the Mental Health Act (2014) and the Guardianship & Administration Act
- Other relevant tertiary qualification or working towards, in relevant areas such as drug and alcohol or psychosocial or therapeutic interventions, highly regarded
- Australian Working Rights
- Full Covid 19 and Influenza Vaccination
- A current Victorian Drivers licence
- Current Working with Children check and be willing to undergo a background check.
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Great work life balance & located close to public transport, shopsand restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
Enquiries: Elise Romeril, Team Leader Hospital in the Home, SWMHU via email [email protected]
Emily Stowell, Operations Manager SWMHS via email [email protected]
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.