- Job no: 64723
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Psychology
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent, Part-Time - 0.5 EFT
- Based in St Kilda Rd location
- Psychologist Grade 3
- Frequent professional development opportunities
Alfred Mental & Addiction Health (AMAH)
AMAH has a mental health service and planning responsibility for residents of inner south-eastern metropolitan Melbourne. We care for people with severe and complex mental illness and psychological distress seeking specialist mental health & addiction treatment, care, and support. We are committed to implementing the reform agenda established by the Victorian government following the Royal Commission into Victoria’s Mental Health System.
State-wide Women’s Mental Health Service (SWMHS)
The SWMHS is an innovative project being developed in response to the Royal Commission recommendations for partnerships between the public and private sector, and the need for gender segregation and sexually safe units.
We recognise that women experiencing mental ill-health have specific needs that differ from their male counterparts that require tailored treatment and support.
Our 30-bed facility located at Albert Road Clinic Hub will be run in partnership with Ramsay Health, and our 5-bed facility located at Shepparton Private Hospital will be run in partnership with Ramsay Health and GV Health.
The unit will provide a state-wide comprehensive specialist service for women and those who identify as women experiencing severe mental ill-health and trauma. Our care will be trauma informed and wellness focused.
You can read more about the SWMHC here [ABC Article] and here (Premier announcement).
In this role, you will be working within the Hospital in the Home program, to provide acute mental health hospital-substitution care to women and people who identify as women in their homes.
You will provide clinical services to clients of the State-wide Women’s Mental Health Service, consultation to other clinical staff and will participate in the group program &/or the Evidenced Based Psychological Interventions. You will also guide and support junior psychologists and student placements.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Current registration as a psychologist with Psychology Board of Australia to practice with the board
- AHPRA registration under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (Victoria) Act 2009.
- Endorsement as a Clinical Psychologist under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (Victoria) Act 2009
- Masters or Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a registered clinical psychologist
- PBA approved supervisor
- Other relevant tertiary qualification or working towards, in relevant areas such as drug and alcohol or psychosocial or therapeutic interventions, highly regarded
- Australian Working Rights
- Full Covid 19 and Influenza Vaccination
- A current Victorian Drivers licence
- Current Working with Children check and be willing to undergo a background check.
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Great work life balance & located close to public transport, shops and cafes.
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
Enquiries: Elise Romeril, Team Leader Hospital in the Home, SWMHU via email [email protected]
Emily Stowell, Operations Manager SWMHS via email [email protected]
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.