- Job no: 64720
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Speech Pathology
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Grade 3 Senior Speech Pathologist Rehabilitation and Aged Care
- Permanent Full Time Position
- Classification: VW 6-9
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
The Alfred Health Speech Pathology Department is a co-ordinated service across all of Alfred Health which includes The Alfred Hospital; Caulfield Hospital; and Sandringham Hospital.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Senior Speech Pathologist to join the Alfred Health Speech Pathology team. This role provides senior leadership to the Rehabilitation and Aged Care Wards at Caulfield Hospital
- Ability to provide independent expert consultancy.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills to facilitate effective teamwork with staff and patients and their carers.
- Commitment to interdisciplinary practice teamwork.
- Commitment to patient-centred care.
- Commitment to motivate staff to a high level of clinical performance.
- Ability to assess staff performance and provide appropriate feedback.
- High level conflict resolution skills.
- High level of counselling skills for patients, staff and carers.
- Promotion and marketing skills with respect to the ABI Service, Allied Health and the Speech Pathology Department.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym (The Alfred only)
- Child care services (The Alfred only)
Please address the key selection criteria listed in the position description.
All enquiries should be addressed to Speech Pathology Manager, Kate Lawlor, 0437353788 or [email protected]
Applications close: 11pm Sunday, 4 June 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.