- Job no: 64715
- Category: Nurse, Registered Nurse
- Part-time/Full time hours available , Cardiac Cath Lab, DPU, or combined
- Ongoing position
- Registered Nurse Grade 2
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Cardiac Cath Lab, Day Procedure Unit, combined role.
- Multiple positions available
- Permanent Part-time/Full-time hours available, (Minimum 0.6 eft)
- Classification: RN Grade 2
- Alfred Hospital location
- Great staff benefits!
Alfred Health provides a comprehensive range of Cardiology, Cardiothoracic and Cardiac Heart Failure services to patients with Melbourne and regional Victoria. The Alfred Cath Labs provide care for patients requiring complex Angiography, Pacemaker/Defibrillator insertion, Electrophysiology, Cardiac Biopsy and Right Heart Catheterization, The Alfred Cath lab also has a large rapidly growing Structural Heart Program including TAVI, Mitra Clip, Paravalvular leak repairs, ASD and VSD repairs. It operates Monday to Saturday and provides a 24/7 on-call service for emergency procedures 365 days per year.
The Cardiac Day Procedure Unit provides pre and post operative care for day case, and overnight short stay, elective cardiac patients. It operates Monday to Saturday including a mixture of AM/PM & Night duty.
Our service is expanding so we have an exciting new opportunity to join our team in the Alfred’s Cardiac Cath Lab and Cardiac Day Procedure Unit. As a clinical nurse, your practice will lead to excellence in patient care. You understand the importance of establishing a relationship between the patient and yourself in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for your patients. You demonstrate the core nursing values of patient centred care, trust and respect in every interaction with patients, carers and colleagues.
To be successful in this role, you must possess the following:
- Patient focused and adaptable
- Ability to work well within a team as well as autonomously
- Willingness to embrace improvements that lead to high-quality patient outcomes
- Excellent people and communication skills and organization and time management skills
- Recent Cath Lab experience (desirable).
- Recent experience in cardiac or critical care area (essential).
Cath Lab applicants
- Flexibility to participate in an on-call roster.
- Reside within 30 minutes of hospital for on-call
- Current drivers' license.
- Current registration on the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Postgraduate Critical/Cardiac Care Certificate or working towards (desirable)
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Onsite child care services, a payroll deductible expense
- Onsite staff gym, a payroll deductible expense
- Modern onsite library facilities, exclusive to Alfred Health staff
- Access to health and well-being incentives
- Discounted health insurance
For further enquiries, please contact Helen McMillian- Nurse Manager Cath Lab and Cardiac Day Procedure Unit on 9076 8247
Please indicate in your cover letter if you are interested in Cath lab, DPU or Combined.
If you want to be part of this exciting new team – don’t miss your opportunity to apply.
Applications close at 11 pm Sunday, September 3rd, 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.