- Job no: 64674
- Category: Nurse, Education
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Clinical Support and Development - Perioperative Sandringham Operating Suites
- Fixed Term Appointment - 17.7.23-27.10.23
- 40 hours per fortnight
- Classification code – RN YW4-5
- Based in Sandringham
- Great staff benefits - Salary packaging available and onsite parking
Sandringham is a small but busy community-oriented hospital providing elective services for Ophthalmology and elective and emergency services for Orthopaedics, General surgery and Gynaeobstetrics. We provide Orthopaedic services for paediatric presentations aged 4 years and over.
The Clinical Support and Development Nurse is as a member of the leadership team who reflects the values of the Nursing Division by working closely with the Nurse Manager to: exemplify and promote excellence in practice; and work collaboratively with multidisciplinary colleagues in supporting the coordination, management and evaluation of the care of a specific patient population. Is a recognised resource for all staff to assist in achieving best practice to ensure optimal outcomes for patients. Serves as a role model for professional practice by integrating the components of a professional role: clinical practice, consultation, collaboration, leadership, education, research evaluation and quality improvement.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Current Registered Nurse Registration with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia via AHPRA.
- Holding or working toward a tertiary qualification
- Extensive relevant clinical experience in Perioperative nursing and in a clinical leadership role.
- Experience in Perianaesthetic Nursing essential.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
For more detail on the role please download the attached Position Description
For further information, contact Gaye Jack on (03) 9076 1466
Applications close: 11pm Wednesday, 7 June 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.