- LSL cover Mid-July 2023 to End-Feb 2024
- Part-time role: hours per f/n (0.6 EFT)
- Classification: Administration Officer Grade 3
- Alfred Hospital location
- Staff benefits
The Alfred Cancer program governs the delivery of comprehensive cancer care across Alfred Health, providing clinical care for patients affected by cancer, blood disorders and at the end of life. Alfred Cancer comprises service units providing clinical and research excellence in the fields of medical oncology, radiation oncology, haematology, bone marrow transplant, haemophilia, melanoma and palliative care. The program provides quality clinical care for our local catchment and to all Victorians through our statewide melanoma, haematology and haemophilia services.
The Victorian Melanoma Service (VMS) is one of Australia’s largest multidisciplinary treatment services for melanoma. It was established in 1994 to provide a comprehensive assessment for people with melanoma by providing them with ‘one-stop shop’ access to all medical and other specialists involved in the treatment of melanoma.
The Melanoma Clinic at Alfred Health is conducted by the Victorian Melanoma Service, which diagnoses, treats and provides follow-up for people with melanoma. We provide wide-ranging information and advice about melanoma and the most appropriate way to treat it. Assessment is provided by specialists in dermatology, pathology, medical oncology, radiation oncology, general surgery, plastic surgery, nursing and psychology. The service participates in trials of new treatments, and is available to patients who have been recently diagnosed with melanoma or who want second opinions about their care.
The primary purpose of the position is to provide data management support to the Victorian Melanoma Service and other centre data management. You will be responsible for maintaining clinical and demographic data for patients treated by Victorian Melanoma Service. The position requires close working relationships within a multidisciplinary clinical team.
Skills and Experience Required
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Health, Science, Health Information Management or a related paramedical discipline
- Experience working with hospital information systems and research databases.
- Previous research experience desirable.
• Salary packaging and novated leasing available
• Health and wellbeing incentives such as discounted health insurance
• Onsite gym and childcare services
• Staff car parking available
For all queries regarding this position, please contact Megan Worley at [email protected]
Applications close at 11 pm Friday, 16th June 2023