- Job no: 64534
- Category: Technical and Support, Other Technical / Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Full Time - 80 hrs per f/n with flexible monthly ADO's
- Classification - HS1A
- Location - The Alfred
- Great staff benefits!
Alfred Pathology Service (APS) provides a comprehensive range of pathology testing, consultation services and collection services to clinicians and patients of Alfred Health. The Service has 5 units (Anatomical Pathology, Biochemistry, Haematology, Human Molecular and Microbiology).
- Take part in a rotating roster, including on-call, weekends and public holidays, or 5-of-7 day or 4-on-4-off roster as required.
- Receive specimens for all Pathology disciplines.
- Data entry of patient test requests in the Laboratory Information System.
- Prepare specimens for analysis and storage. Prepare 24-hour urine collections. Scan & load blood culture bottles onto the Microbiology analyser.
- Distribute specimens to all Pathology Units.
- Edit patient and specimen details, including additional tests requested by doctors.
- Prepare samples for referrals to external laboratories.
- Load samples on to the Pre-Analytical Track and trouble-shoot any track errors should they arise.
- Answer general queries for test and sample requirements for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Answer telephone enquiries and provide pathology results to authorised people.
- Office Administration duties including receptionist (switchboard) duties, and patient-facing tasks such as covering the pathology outpatients front desk, as required.
- Maintain the section’s refrigerators and freezers. Defrost and clean freezers as required.
- Rotate between shifts at both Alfred and Sandringham laboratory in line with operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Specimen Processing Supervisor
- Successful completion of Year 12 or equivalent; with skills in written and spoken English necessary for performance of duties.
- A record of stable employment in a laboratory or industrial environment.
- Familiarity with computer keyboard. Touch-typing skills are highly desirable.
- Technical skills appropriate to laboratory functions are preferable but not essential.
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Onsite child care services
- Onsite staff gym, a payroll deductible expense
- Access to health and wellbeing incentives
- Discounted health insurance
Enquiries: Please get in touch with Craig Lindley, Administration Supervisor at [email protected]
Email applications will not be accepted- applications must be made through the link provided.
Applications close at 11 pm Thursday, 1 June 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.