- Job no: 64482
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Occupational Therapy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent, Full-time (80 hours per fortnight) including an ADO
- Classification : Occupational Therapist Grade 2 (YB20-YB23)
- Alfred location
- Regular professional supervision
Alfred Mental and Addiction Health is responsible for the operation of services which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
The position will provide intensive clinical case management, community treatment, rehabilitation and support to consumers engaged with the Mobile Support and Treatment Service, Alfred Mental & Addiction Health. The position is based at St Kilda Road Clinic and MSTS is responsible for providing a 7-day a week service with extended hours to those clients living in the Inner South catchment area. The position will be required to provide a client focussed, assertive outreach model of care with the emphasis on treatment, rehabilitation and support for people with major psychiatric conditions.
The position will have opportunities to contribute to the development of Occupational Therapy, not only in MSTS but also within Alfred Mental & Addiction Health as a whole.
- Approved Occupational Therapy degree, and registration with Occupational Therapy Board of Australia via AHPRA.
- Experience in a range of psychiatric interventions indicating an ability to perform community-based psychiatric assessment including that of risk assessment.
- A current Driver’s Licence is required to undertake this role.
- A Police Check is required to undertake this role.
- A Current Working with Children check is required to undertake this role.
- Commitment to the philosophy of recovery oriented practice for people with substantial and prolonged mental illness.
- A history of ongoing professional development.
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Located close to public transport, shops and cafes
For any enquiries regarding the role, please contact Matthew Webb on 0439 517 830 or Dan Cartlidge on 9076 7925
Applications close: 11pm Sunday, 11 June 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
- Published on 25 May 2023, 5:09 AM