- Job no: 64325
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Social Work
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent, Full-time with flexible ADO
- Based in Moorabbin
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 3; Occupational Therapist, Psychologist, Social Worker, Speech Pathologist Grade 2
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
What's in it for you
- Frequent professional development opportunities and regular professional supervision
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
INFANT, CHILD & YOUTH AREA MENTAL HEALTH & WELLBEING SERVICE (ICYAMHWS)
Alfred ICYAMHWS is one component of the Department of Mental & Addiction Health at Alfred Health. We are a community-based service providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioural, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties.
ICYAMHWS provides clinical services in partnership with a wide range of service providers to achieve the best possible outcomes. Alfred ICYAMHWS is committed to active participation by families and young people in evaluating and improving our services.
The Infant and Child Team (0-11 years) also incorporates CAMHS and Schools’ Early Action (CASEA) program. This program is an early intervention program conducted in school settings with children identified at risk of developing serious emotional and behavioural problems.
What you’ll be doing
In this role, you will provide direct case management and community mental health interventions to babies and children aged 0-11, and their families. You will also work in schools including training teachers in parenting techniques and conducting groups in schools for parents and children alongside teachers as part of the CASEA program.
What we need from you
- Approved tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline (see position description for details)
- Eligibility for membership with the appropriate registering body
- Australian working rights
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Marcella Van Mourik on ph: 8552 0555
Closing date: Sunday, 4 June 2023 by 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.