- Job no: 64220
- Category: Nurse, Psychiatry
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Full-time with flexible monthly ADO
- Based in Moorabbin
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 3
- Frequent professional development opportunities
What's in it for you
- Great team culture
- Regular professional supervision
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
INFANT, CHILD & YOUTH AREA MENTAL HEALTH & WELLBEING SERVICE (ICYAMHWS)
Alfred ICYAMHWS is one component of the Department of Mental & Addiction Health at Alfred Health. We are a community-based service providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioural, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties.
ICYAMHWS provides clinical services in partnership with a wide range of service providers to achieve the best possible outcomes. Alfred ICYAMHWS is committed to active participation by families and young people in evaluating and improving our services.
What you’ll be doing
The role requires the provision of clinical care in an outreach capacity to children, young people, their families, and stakeholders in a variety of settings.
You are a Mental Health Nurse who has experience in the provision of assessment and intervention with individuals and families, as well as a commitment to high standards of client care and family support. You will bring your expertise of psychopharmacology and physical health monitoring and wellbeing to the role in support of your colleagues, and the young people and family who attend the service.
What we need from you
- Approved tertiary qualifications and Registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia via AHPRA
- Post graduate diploma in psychiatric/mental health nursing or a specialist undergraduate Mental Health Nursing qualification (desirable)
- 2 years’ experience working on a psychiatric in-patient unit (desirable)
- Australian working rights
- Full Covid-19 and 2023 Influenza vaccination
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Located close to public transport, shops and cafes
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Andrew Jong or Elise Hoeler on ph: 8552 0555
Closing date: Sunday, 26th November 2023 by 11pm AEDT
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.