- Job no: 63859
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Pharmacy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Full-Time - 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
- Classification – HS3
- Award - Victorian Public Health Sector (Health and Allied Services, Managers and Administrative Workers) Enterprise Agreement 2021-2025
- Permanent Position
The Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output.
The Pharmacy Department also plays a pivotal role in managing the electronic medication management system within our comprehensive electronic medical record (Cerner), with an advanced level of integration linking this to the Pharmacy Dispensing (i.Pharmacy) and Automated Medication Storage systems (Omnicell). This is complemented by a strong clinical presence and a Centre for Medicine Use and Safety program to achieve a considered, safe and financially responsible approach to medication management within Alfred Heath.
Further information is available at www.alfredpharmacy.org.au
The Pharmaceutical Management team is responsible for the procurement, distribution and governance of medicine supply across Alfred Health. This is managed through a unique, proactive and co-ordinated approach; utilising close working relationships with external suppliers (Symbion, Baxter) to deliver medications to both Pharmacy and Pharmacy related medication imprest areas across the organisation. Adoption and expansion of technology is a key component, embracing the use of new digital functionality and the evaluation of data within medication related systems to allow for targeted, efficient responses to medication supply processes. The team works closely with our Digital Health, Medication Safety and Formulary programs to ensure continued availability of the most up to date treatments in a cost-effective manner. This is a continually evolving portfolio that looks to innovative approaches in improving and refining how its service can be provided, while assisting to deliver on department and organisation wide strategic goals.
The Senior Distributions Officer has a key focus on ensuring continuing medication across the organisation. The role co-ordinates the day-to-day ordering of stock for all dispensary and imprest areas, line managing Pharmacy technicians to ensure adequate, in date medications exists at any time within organisation. The post holder will need to have good communication and an efficient, process driven approach to maximise efficiencies within the Pharmacy Distribution Service and continue to make improvements.
The position is responsible for:
- Provision of safe, timely and efficient medication access to patients of Alfred Health
- Provide and disseminate information to relevant parties on medication supply
- Management of Pharmacy Distribution technicians within the Pharmacy Distributions team
- To be responsible for, and supervise, the day-to-day ordering activities within the Pharmacy Distribution team, including undertaking and supervision of ordering, goods receipt, distribution, returns and management of stock issues
- Look for opportunities for service development through optimisation of medication distribution services
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate:
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and decision-making skills
- Commitment to service development
- Good computer literacy
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders from other departments
- Commitment to continuing education and professional development
- Relevant Tertiary qualification is desirable
- Certificate III/IV in Hospital/Health Services – Pharmacy Support desirable
- Experience managing pharmaceutical products with a sound knowledge of purchasing, supply techniques, and inventory control is desirable
- Experience in management or leading a team
- Good knowledge of the major services provided by a Hospital Pharmacy
- Experience with i.Pharmacy computer systems
- Hospital pharmacy experience
- Salary packaging
- Discount health insurance
- Onsite gym
- Car parking
- Child care
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion please contact Jarrod Yip, Deputy Director of Pharmacy – Pharmaceutical Management via Tel: +61 3 9076 2061 or via email: [email protected]
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Applications close: 11pm Sunday, 18th June 2023.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.
- Published on 26 May 2023, 1:06 AM