- Job no: 63459
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Radiographer / Radiation Therapist
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Full Time Ongoing position
- 80 hours per fortnight
- Grade 3 Classification MRI Radiographer
- Alfred Health / Alfred Radiology
- Staff benefits
Alfred Hospitals Radiology Department is one of Melbourne’s leading tertiary teaching and trauma hospitals.Alfred Radiology Department values education and professional development and utilises modern technologies across all modalities to imaging challenging patients
Your role will be to assist the MRI Supervisor in coordinating MRI services and to contribute to the development and support of staff in providing the best possible radiographic examinations ensuring patient comfort, welfare and safety in accordance with established radiographic practice, ethics and code of conduct. Staff will be rotated through all aspects of the department's MRI service to allow the broadest range of experience.
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Medical Radiations or equivalent
- Eligibility for A.S.M.I.R.T. Statement of Compliance
- A.S.M.I.R.T. Level One MRI Accreditation or equivalent
- National Registration with AHPRA to practice as a Medical Imaging Technologist
- Victorian Department of Health Use Licence
- Evidence of CPD in line with registration requirements.
- Appropriate clinical experience working as a radiographer in MRI
- Willingness to accept responsibility
- Completion of/working towards a Postgraduate Qualification in MRI or a relevant field is highly desirable.
- Experience working in a tertiary health service would be advantageous
- Experience working in an MRI facility with a complex and diverse case load would be beneficial
Alfred Radiology values education and professional development and utilises modern technologies across all modalities to imaging challenging patients
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
If you are interested in this position then view a copy of the attached Position Description, which further details the responsibilities and scope of the role, as well as outlining the essential and desirable traits that will form the basis of selection.
Please provide an appropriate cover letter or CV.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity or for further information about this position please contact Michael Sellenger on (03) 90767340 / [email protected]
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.
- Published on 31 May 2023, 1:29 AM