- Job no: 63293
- Category: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Full Time
- 80 hours per fortnight
- Classification: Administrator Grade 2
- Alfred Location
- Great staff benefits!
The Department of Cardiology is seeking a full-time general secretary to assist with the day to day running of the department. Tasks include but not limited to: general admin, agenda preparation, minute taking, distribution/updating of rosters, maintaining leave calendar, ordering supplies, etc. Required skill-set: proficiency in the use of MS Office, time management and some experience in, that have worked in an admin role previously.
The General Secretary will provide administrative to the department and to the deputy Directors. The General Secretary will work in conjunction with and under the direction of the EA to the Director. The General Secretary will provide cover during admin absences as directed.
- Outstanding inter-personal skills, experience in liaising and meeting with executives and other professionals of all levels, strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Understanding and knowledge of the required process for ethics submissions and funding grant applications.
- Strong organisational skills with a commitment to customer focus, attention to detail and problem-solving.
- Proven ability in a similar environment and mature organisational and prioritisation skills are required, as well as proficiency in a wide range of administrative support skills.
Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
Onsite child care services, a payroll deductible expense
Onsite staff gym, a payroll deductible expense
Modern onsite library facilities, exclusive to Alfred Health staff
Access to health and wellbeing incentives
Discounted health insurance
For enquiries and questions regarding this role, please contact Sobhana Lata: 9076 2157
Applications close: 11pm Wednesday, 22 March 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.