- Job no: 62937
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Nutrition
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Full Time (80 hours per fortnight)
- Alfred Hospital Location
- Great Staff Benefits
An exciting opportunity has become available in Alfred Health’s Nutrition Department for an enthusiastic, confident, knowledgeable and experienced office co-ordinator.
Alfred Health’s Nutrition Department provides an integrated nutrition and dietetic service at The Alfred, Sandringham and Caulfield Hospitals. It aims to provide nutritional care to Alfred Health’s patients during their healthcare journey including prevention of malnutrition, optimising nutritional wellbeing and supporting recovery. The Nutrition Department comprises of 40EFT and 50 staff. It is organised into eight clinical clusters and operates over 7 days.
The office co-ordinator and administrative lead is responsible for co-ordinating a range of complex administrative functions in an appropriate, timely and efficient manner to support smooth running of the Nutrition Department
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Managing the main reception area and being the first point of contact for patients and/or other visitors or incoming phone calls to the Nutrition Department.
- Using a range of software packages and fulling administrative procedures to support efficient work processes.
- Liaison with key stakeholders including our patients, other departments within Alfred Health and external agencies.
- Administrative support to the nutrition department.
- Tertiary qualification.
- Ability to multi task and work to deadlines.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), collaboration and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisation, time management and work prioritisation skills.
- Ability to use initiative and anticipate needs.
- Customer focussed and able to deal with enquiries, hospital staff and patients in a professional manner.
- Proven experience in Microsoft Office applications and able to adapt to other IT platforms used by Alfred Health.
- Experience working in a healthcare setting or using an EMR is desirable.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Please send all enquiries to Caroline Kratzing, Deputy Manager/ Clinical Operations Leader Dietetics, Alfred Health, Phone: 0419 770 055
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.
- Closed 3 days ago - 06 Feb 2023