- Job no: 62935
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Social Work
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Long Service Leave Coverage - until September 2023
- Fixed Term- Full Time 80 Hours Per Fortnight (1 EFT)
- Grade 3 Social Worker- HIV Service
- Located at Alfred Health
- Great Staff Benefits
The Social Work Department operates in accordance with the philosophy and goals of The Alfred. A focus on quality of life and participation in care is a primary goal of the Department.
Under the direction of the Manager, Social Work Department, the following services are provided:
- Social Work
Social Work aims to identify and address the psychosocial impacts of illness and hospitalisation for patients and their families by providing a range of services which increase quality of life and participation in care. Social Work also assists patients and their families with a smooth transition from hospital to home.
The HIV/ID Team Leader- Infectious Diseases is responsible for the leadership and provision of clinical social work services particularly identifying and meeting the needs of the specialist patient group of HIV and other infectious diseases in collaboration with the Infectious Diseases Unit/ HIV Service The Alfred, the HIV community and HIV service providers across the State. The social work service to the HIV patient group includes inpatients and outpatients including the provision of outreach into the community and at other sites. The HIV social work team includes social workers allocated to this clinical area including the ID stream who sit in the ID social work team. The Team leader is responsible for managing the daily operational and clinical staffing needs within the team.
A demonstrated ability to plan, develop and implement service delivery initiatives that meet the needs of people living with HIV within acute and community settings and promotes quality patient care and optimum outcomes in an evidence base framework is required. The Team Leader will also need experience in managing staff and staffing requirements and be responsible for the development and ongoing review of the HIV social work service plan including management of clinical caseloads, leadership in HIV chronic and complex care program, implementation of research activities, teaching and education, quality improvement activities and development of service initiatives. The development and maintenance of community linkages and partnerships particularity in the HIV sector are critically important in this position.
The HIV Service
The HIV Service are national leaders in HIV clinical care and provide leadership into HIV policy development relating to clinical care. The Victorian HIV Service has numerous in-hospital, outpatient, and community services available to The HIV-affected community of metropolitan Melbourne and throughout rural and regional Victoria.
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Substantial experience in a Hospital
- A current working with Children's check and Police check
- Demonstrated experience in the area of health and an understanding of this diverse patient population and the issues impacting their lives
- Extensive knowledge of halthcare and discharge planning processes
- An understanding of HIV stigma, LGBTIQ, loneliness/isolation, CALD/ first nations populations, homelessness, family violence, financial vulnerability, NDIS, aged care
- A good understanding of adjustment to illness and counselling support
- Demonstrated experience in social work student supervision and an interest and commitment in the professional supervision of staff
- Ability to develop and lead a portfolio or clinic or program within the team
- Postgraduate qualifications
- Salary Packaging
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Staff Car parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym (Alfred Hospital)
- Childcare Services (Alfred Hospital)
Please ensure you address the key selection criteria in your application
Please direct further queries to Tess Mcaloon Senior Clinician Social worker on 9076 3032
Applications close February 01, 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.
- Closed 8 days ago - 01 Feb 2023