- Job no: 62912
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Pharmacy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Multiple positions available, including Permanent and 12-month contracts
- Full-Time (with ADO) and Part-Time vacancies
- Pharmacy Technician Grade 3 + 10% Seniors Allowance (TH10 +10%)
- Staff benefits
The Pharmacy services operate over 4 sites within Alfred Health and involve in training interns, undergraduate and overseas research students. Pharmacists are essential members of all clinical teams and have a critical role in patient management. Their understanding of Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology and Medicine Management ensures Alfred Health patients receive the best pharmacy care possible. The service has 3 key priorities:
- Medication Safety
- Cost effective use of medicines
- Delivery of specialist pharmacy expertise at critical points in the patient care pathway
Senior Pharmacy Technicians play a vital role in medication delivery at Alfred Health to ensure patients' medications are available in a safe and timely manner. The Alfred Health Senior Pharmacy Technician role has several key rotations to support the ongoing needs of the Pharmacy Department.
- Aseptic services
- Procurement and Distribution services
- Inpatient services
- Ward Based and Medication Management services
At the Alfred, we are leading the way in innovation and opportunities to implement skills through our Medication Management Technician (MMT) roles. MMT roles such as Gastro MMT, ICU MMT and HITH MMT are forging the way in patient centred care through the management of medications and patient co-ordination from an interdisciplinary approach.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certificate IV in Health (Hospital Pharmacy Technician) or equivalent
- Minimum of three years full-time experience as a qualified Pharmacy Technician
- Experience supervising or training staff desirable
- Experience of data collection for audit or research purposes.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Childcare services
For a confidential discussion please contact Libby Dunkley, Lead Pharmacist– Operations via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Belinda Theobald, Deputy Director of Pharmacy at (03) 9076 2061 or email email@example.com
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Applications close: 11pm Monday, 10th April 2023.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.
- Published on 15 Mar 2023, 11:58 PM