- Job no: 62846
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Social Work
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services
- Full-Time. Fixed Term Until June 30th 2023
- 80 hours per fortnight, Monday-Friday, with ADO
- EFT Flexible
- Classification code – Grade 3 Social Worker
- Alfred Hospital location
- Staff benefits
Hospital Admissions Risk Program Complex Care (HARP CC) is a HIP program and in Alfred Health sits within Alfred Home - Acute and Community (HAC). The role of HARP as described by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is to “provide hospital substitution and diversion by supporting people in the community, in ambulatory settings, and in people’s homes.” Alfred Health’s HARP Complex Care Service is comprised of a multidisciplinary workforce working in an interdisciplinary model of care.
This position is open to an experienced Social Worker that has a strong interest in chronic and complex holistic health care.
The HARP Senior clinician is responsible for the clinical leadership and coordination of the service delivery of the centralised HARP team. This team consists of allied health professionals including physiotherapists, occupational therapists and dieticians. The Centralised team in turn supports the four geographically based complex care teams to provide holistic patient centered care.
The senior clinician:
• Provides secondary consultation and support to across the HARP team.
• Provides leadership to enhance the clinical and professional skills of the HARP team, and assist in the development of students.
• Organises and leads case conferences to support complex discharge planning from wards, ED, and from HARP
• Works collaboratively with the HARP operations lead, HARP manager and HARP staff, and stakeholders to optimise service delivery for clients
• Provides expert supervision and professional development to Case Management team members to engender excellence in the service.
• Organises education so that staff stay abreast of contemporary psychosocial practices fostering a culture of ongoing learning
• Holds a caseload of clients providing expert assessment and management of patients within HARP.
• Supports service improvement and research activities within the HARP service and Alfred Health
• Represents the service to support state and appropriate psychosocial outcomes for patients.
- Onsite Gym
- Child Care
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Salary Packaging
All queries to Jennah Holwell 0419770002
Applications close at 11 pm Wednesday, 8 February 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.
- Closes in 12 days - 08 Feb 2023
- Published on 25 Jan 2023, 12:29 AM