- Job no: 62573
- Category: Technical and Support, Information & Communication Technology
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- 12 Months - Fixed Term
- Full-time - 80 hours per fortnight
- Classification code – HS5
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
Digital Health is responsible for enabling clinical staff to deliver timely, quality care to our patients and carers through innovative use of information technologies, and through strategic management of information and data across the organisation.
The Project Manager performs a wide range of duties in the development and implementation of projects:
- Deliver project outcomes in line with agreed project scope on time, on budget, on quality.
- Develop project business case and initiation documentation.
- Develop an Implementation and Support plan (deployment plan).
- Create a detailed project schedule which identifies, sizes and sequences the activities and dependencies needed to complete the project successfully.
- Liaise with Directors and other staff as required to determine the resources required for activities.
- Liaise with programs across Alfred Health to co-ordinate efforts to create the capacity to support training and optimisation activities.
- Manage the project scope (including requests to vary scope), budget, risks and scheduling of project activities.
- Ensure deliverables satisfy quality criteria.
- Report project status and outcomes following Digital Health standards and processes.
- Coordinate logistics for project and organisational activities.
- Review (and obtain approval of) the project schedule with senior management and all other Digital Health staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required.
- Contribute and assist in the development of projects following Digital Health standards and processes.
- Review the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at the completion of each phase, and update benefits realisation plan as required.
- Prepare project signoff documentation.
- Ensure provision is made to address open issues and risks and follow-on actions.
- Develop a Transition to Support plan.
- Hand over to Support.
- The ability to quickly build and maintain positive realtionships with team members and stakeholders.
- Understanding of hospital operational management.
- The ability to motivate and focus a team and to foster collaboration among team members and stakeholders.
- Excellent time management, organisational, planning skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Demonstrated high level communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and committed to excellence.
QUALIFICATIONS/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Education & Experience:
- Qualification in ICT or Project Management or appropriate health qualification.
- Strong interpersonal skills in managing multiple stakeholders and teams across concurrent streams of development work.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Experience in health services operational or disaster recovery project management is highly desirable.
- Experience in project management in complex environments is essential.
QUALITY, SAFETY, RISK and IMPROVEMENT
- Maintain an understanding of individual responsibility for patient safety, quality & risk and contribute to organisational quality and safety initiatives.
- Follow organisational safety, quality & risk policies and guidelines.
- Maintain a safe working environment for yourself, your colleagues and members of the public.
- Escalate concerns regarding safety, quality & risk to appropriate staff member, if unable to rectify yourself.
- Promote and participate in the evaluation and continuous improvement processes.
- Comply with principles of Patient Centred Care.
- Comply with Alfred Health mandatory continuing professional development requirements.
- Comply with requirement of National Safety & Quality Health Service Standards and other relevant regulatory requirements.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL ALFRED HEALTH STAFF:
- Ensure compliance with relevant Alfred Health clinical and administrative policies and guidelines.
- Comply with relevant privacy legislation.
- Protect confidential information from unauthorised disclosure and not use, disclose or copy confidential information except for the purpose of and to the extent necessary to perform your employment duties at Alfred Health.
- Comply with Alfred Health medication management and medication safety policies and guidelines.
- In this position you must comply with the actions set out in the relevant section(s) of the OHS Roles and Responsibilities Guideline.
- Research activities will be undertaken commensurate with the role.
Applications close: Thursday, 22 March 2023, 11pm AEST
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Roberto de Lima on (0)484237199.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.