- Job no: 62484
- Category: Research, Other Research
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
• Mid-January 2023 to Mid-November 2023
• Full Time position
• Alfred Hospital
The Department of Diabetes is the first – and only – university department in Australia solely dedicated to diabetes research and its complications including kidney disease & heart disease.
Animal Technicians play an important role in looking after and ensuring the welfare of experimental animal used by researchers within the Department of Diabetes.
• Maintain animal husbandry & care to a high standard and to report any irregularities to the supervisor and/or investigator;
• Administer drugs to the laboratory animals (i.e. gavaging and injections);
• Maintain accurate animal records (i.e. animal weights, blood glucose, metabolic caging, blood pressure readings.);
• Prepare and assist with animal termination;
• Follow and carry out Standard Operating Procedures;
• Ear notching and submandibular blood collection;
• Junior animal technician. Completed Diploma in Animal Technology or similar (Cert 3 of Animal Studies)
• Computer skills (Excel)
• Current Victorian Drivers licence desirable
Working within a supportive team with on going development opportunities.
• Salary Packaging
• Discount Health Insurance
• Onsite Gym
• Child care services
All applications are to be submitted via the link on advertisement
All enquiries to Frances Iannello on 9903 0009
Applications close: 11pm Thursday, 22 December 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.
- Closed a month ago - 22 Dec 2022