- Job no: 59141
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Physiotherapy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Caulfield Pain Clinic Physiotherapist Grade 2 or 3
- Part-time – 32 to 39 hrs Fortnight
- Clinic days: Tuesday to Friday
- Staff benefits
Caulfield Pain Management and Research Centre (CPM&RC) is an ambulatory service providing specialist assessment and treatment for adults with chronic non-cancer related pain. The Centre aims to assist patients to reduce the impact of persistent pain by optimising pain treatments, improving function and promoting self-management. This is achieved by expert assessment, patient education and access to a number of treatment modalities. There is a focus on the Cognitive Behavioural education and restoration of function for management of pain with a philosophy of teaching self-management strategies. The centre undertakes research on outcomes of pain treatments, psychosocial aspects of chronic pain, pain and ageing and novel therapies for pain.
The Physiotherapist will be responsible for the provision of comprehensive clinical Physiotherapy assessment, treatment and education of clients with complex pain conditions, using Pain Neuroscience education and biopsychosocial models of pain. They will work closely within and be supported by the interdisciplinary team comprising of Medical Pain Specialist, Addiction Medicine, Psychiatry, Psychologists, Occupational therapists, Physiotherapists, Nurses and other team members are essential to the role. Key duties and responsibilities.
- Provide clinical assessment both individually and as part of a multidisciplinary assessment process.
- Management of a clinical case load providing therapeutic treatment and education to clients with complex pain conditions as individuals or as part of a group program
- Provision of Triage consultation for newly referred clients
- Facilitate the effective delivery of group programs and transition to co
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post graduate qualifications in Physiotherapy, Pain Management or Research
- Membership with the APA Desirable Experience
- Clinical experience as a Physiotherapist in assessment and treatment skills in Pain Management
- Experience in group work
- Experience in client reported outcome measures
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access and discounted staff car parking
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Yvette Harding Manager of Caulfield Pain Management and Research Centre. PH: 9076 6834 or Email: Y.email@example.com
Applications close 11pm Monday, 15th August 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Closed 2 days ago - 15 Aug 2022