- Job no: 58561
- Category: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Surgical Services & Alfred Brain
- Immediate Start
- Ongoing, Full-Time 1.0EFT (0.6EFT - Senior Ward Clerk duties combined with 0.4EFT Ward Clerk duties)
- Classification: HS2
- Location: Based at the Alfred, with an expectation of some occasional work at other Alfred Health sites
This role is one of five ongoing roles within the Senior Ward Clerk team and is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of our Ward Clerk workforce. In this position, you will play a pivotal part in Alfred Health’s plan to improve the support, supervision and development of Ward Clerks across the health service. You will work closely with the Manager, Ward Clerks, to establish and implement Ward Clerk training programs, improve the quality and consistency of patient administration data, and provide a central mentoring and escalation resource. To be suitable for this role, you will ideally already be a high performing Ward Clerk preferably with experience in supervising and training staff. You will have a passion for mentoring and developing others, and an excellent understanding of patient administration databases. You will possess a flexible attitude with well-developed interpersonal skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Professionalism, diplomacy and an understanding of appropriate escalation
• Able to prioritise competing demands and meet deadlines via efficient processes
Experience and Qualifications Required
• Demonstrated computer literacy including Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Email), iPM & Cerner
• Experience in a health care setting
• Knowledge of medical terminology and clinical practice
• Recent experience as a Ward Clerk
• Certificate III in Business Administration or equivalent
• Formal training in Microsoft Office Applications (Word and Excel)
• Previous experience/education in supervising and/or training staff
• Salary Packaging
• Discount Health Insurance
• Car Parking (subject to availability)
• Onsite Gym
• Child care services
All enquiries to Kirsten Bowley (Manager, Ward Clerks) on 03 9076 5846.
Applications close 11pm Sunday, 14 August 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closed 3 days ago - 14 Aug 2022