- Job no: 58444
- Category: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed Term Position - Maternity Leave Appointment (September 22 - October 23)
- Part-Time - 53.2 Hours Per Fortnight
- Located at The Alfred
- Great Staff Benefits
Working under the guidance of the Manager, this position will be responsible for providing administration and project support services to the Trauma Services and The National Trauma Research Institute.
This role would suit an individual with an interest in developing a career in healthcare administration.
- Provide administrative support to the Trauma Services & The NTRI, responding appropriately to telephone/email enquiries and liaise with hospital staff and external contacts, scheduling meetings, preparation and distribution of meeting papers and follow-up as required
- Ordering and managing the delivery of supplies, booking travel, booking catering and venues for external and internal events, photocopying, typing and filing.
- Diary Management for the Director of Trauma Services & The NTRI
- Provide administrative support to the research/projects teams under the guidance of the Director/Administrative Manager.
- Provide finance administration when required (claims & reimbursement submission, invoicing, budget tracking).
- Coordinate Trauma Services Private Practice billing.
- Maintenance of Consultant roster.
- Other ad-hoc administrative duties as required.
- Highly organised and motivated individual who can work to deadlines with high levels of accuracy.
- High level interpersonal skills, including good communication skills, resilience and an ability to be sensitive to stakeholders; using discretion, tact and confidentiality where necessary; and an ability to work and communicate with people across all levels and fields.
- A flexible attitude, and an ability to work independently with minimum supervision, and as part of a team as required.
- Demonstrated initiative, judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated behaviours consistent with the values of Alfred Health.
- Previous administrative experience in health, research or related fields.
- High level organisational skills demonstrated by the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines with competing demands.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in using the Microsoft suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as Google Docs.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Staff Parking (Subject to Availability)
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closed 3 days ago - 15 Aug 2022