Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent or Fixed Term
- Full Time (weekend and/or weekday)
- Grade 1 or 2 ($61,334 - $95,825)
- The Alfred Hospital
- Will include a weekend day
- Grade 1 or 2 ($61,334 - $95,825)
- The Alfred and Caulfield Hospital
An opportunity exists to join our innovative and supportive Speech Pathology department at Alfred Health. We provide high quality speech pathology services to patients across the continuum of care.
The chosen Speech Pathologist will provide a high-quality speech pathology service to all in and out-patients in the Acute and Subacute clinical settings at Alfred Health. They will also provide high-quality speech pathology services related to the assessment and management of patients with communication and/or swallowing disorders, as well as contribute to the management of the Speech Pathology Department through participation in professional development and ongoing quality activities.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Grade 1 or 2 Speech Pathologist to join the Alfred Health Speech Pathology team.
The position is based at The Alfred Hospital working in the acute wards. There may also be the opportunity for rotation into other areas of Alfred Health.
Responsibilities include assessment and management of patients with disorders of swallowing, communication and cognition.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Speech Pathologist to join the Alfred Health Speech Pathology team. This is an exciting opportunity at either a Grade 1 or 2 level with some capacity to negotiate hours. The position is based at The Alfred Hospital predominantly working within the trauma service. There may also be the opportunity for rotation into other areas of Alfred Health. Responsibilities include assessment and management of patients with disorders of swallowing, communication and cognition.
- Must be experienced Speech Pathologists with a work history in acute inpatient care, or subacute aged care and rehabilitation
- Ability to apply theoretical knowledge in the areas of dysphagia, dysphasia, motor speech disorders and cognition
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills
- High standard of written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Experience with videofluoroscopy is desirable
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (Alfred Hospital: subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym (Alfred Hospital)
- Child care services (Alfred Hospital)
All enquiries should be addressed to Speech Pathology Manager, Kate Lawlor, 9076 6481 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 23rd July 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.