- Job no: 54721
- Category: Nurse, Management
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent and fixed-term positions available
- Part-time or Full-time (hours negotiable)
- Classification: YW11/12
- Alfred location
- Great staff benefits!
Ward 3 West is a 46-bed cardiac step-down unit which forms part of the comprehensive cardiovascular service at The Alfred. Our unit specialises in the management of patients requiring Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Vascular Surgery and Heart Failure services. 3 West also provides cardiac monitoring services for medical and surgical speciality patients throughout the wider organisation. 3 West works in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary approach to facilitate timely delivery of quality care to both our elective and emergency, acute and chronic illness cohort of patients.
We are seeking a dynamic individual who has the ability to provide exceptional leadership to support a diverse staff and patient group and achieve excellent patient outcomes. This vital role will be well suited to a professional and clinical leader who actively contributes to meeting key organisational imperatives, and has a passion for delivering quality patient care. The Associate Nurse Manager, working with the Nurse Manager and Clinical Nurse Manager operationalizes the core values of Nursing at Alfred Health by ensuring a safe and supportive environment for patients and staff.
To be successful in this role, the applicant must possess the following:
- AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum 3 years working in an acute hospital setting
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- Dynamic communication and interpersonal skills
- ARC Advanced Life Support certification
- Relevant postgraduate Critical/Cardiac Care Certificate desirable
- Experience working in a Nurse in Charge/Team leader role
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- Discounted on-site car parking
- On-site gymnasium and childcare services
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Gemma Tate (NUM 3W) on 9076 3632 or email@example.com
Applications close at 11 pm Sunday, 2nd April 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.