Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Be a part of Alfred Mental and Addiction Health Adult Inpatient Units as a Clinical Nurse Consultant!
- Permanent, Full-time
- Based at The Alfred Adult Inpatient unit
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 5
- A passionate and supportive team
What's in it for you
- Regular professional supervision
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
- Great staff benefits as an Alfred Health employee
Alfred Mental & Addiction Health (AMAH) is responsible for the operation of services, which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
The single most important goal of Alfred Mental & Addiction Health is to create an environment that facilitates clinical recovery, supports individual recovery efforts and strives to minimise service system barriers to the recovery process.
AMAH Workforce Development and Education is a dynamic team of interdisciplinary clinicians and lived experience providing training and education to Nursing and Allied Health staff working in all areas of mental and addiction health. We work closely with management and staff to support cultural change and personal development using a collaborative approach.
What you’ll be doing
This position is based at the Alfred Hospital in the Alfred Mental & Addiction Health Adult Inpatient Units program, ensuring clinical capability and competency standards are achieved. The CNC will not directly supervise the NUM or bed-based staff; however, they are to provide a consultancy service regarding specialist programs within the mental health bed-based services. They must demonstrate superior consolidated clinical skills at a proficient level and the focus practice areas for the role being the development of clinical nursing service as well as demonstrating and upholding best practice nursing care and recovery standards.
The role will, in collaboration with the NUM and other nurse educators, contribute towards an appropriately skilled workforce by providing mentoring, particularly to junior nurses or recent recruits, with a focus on bed-based nursing development to address priority issues on the wards, which are related to vulnerable and high-risk consumers presenting with high-level needs.
We are seeking someone with a minimum of 5 years of full-time equivalent post registration experience in mental health nursing. Postgraduate qualification in psychiatric/mental health nursing or have completed a specialist undergraduate psychiatric nursing program. With a recovery orientated philosophy to clinical practice and the ability to promote and develop relevant educational material and recovery resources.
- Current Authority to Practice from AHPRA as a Registered Nurse with a minimum of 5 years full-time equivalent post registration experience in mental health nursing.
- Postgraduate qualification in psychiatric/mental health nursing or have completed a specialist undergraduate psychiatric nursing program.
- Appropriate work visa
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Great work life balance & located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Shelley Anderson on 0418 532 560
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.