- Job no: 52081
- Category: Junior Medical, Registrar
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Advanced Physician Training in Geriatric Medicine at Alfred Health
Alfred Health is the main provider of health services to people in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne and is also a leading provider of specialist services to people across Victoria. The health service operates three facilities: The Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham Hospitals. The Health of the Older Persons department provides an integrated and comprehensive service at all three sites of Alfred Health. Trainees also have the unique opportunity to experience accredited training in the private setting at Cabrini Health.
At Alfred Health we prioritise the education and training of advanced trainees by providing a supportive and stimulating environment.
Each advanced trainee will have an individually tailored program to gain outstanding clinical experience to suit their needs. Rotations at Alfred Health include a broad range of innovative geriatric services including:
- Geriatric evaluation and management and dementia and delirium specific wards
- Community based substituted inpatient geriatric evaluation and management (Better at Home)
- Psychiatry of Old Age
- Inpatient consultation service at Alfred Hospital across the wards and the emergency department
- Services provided by Cabrini Health including: private aged care practice and palliative care at Cabrini Prahran
- General and specialty outpatient clinics including Continence, Falls and Memory Clinics
- Established Residential (Mobile Assessment and Treatment Services (MATS))
- Community ACAS visits
- Rural rotation to Bass Coast Hospital
Our team of fulltime and VMO physicians in Geriatric Medicine provide extensive supervision to trainees, with a strong commitment to research. Alfred Health is affiliated with Monash University, and the South Eastern Training Alliance in the Victorian Geriatric Medicine Training Program.
In 2023, we are offering 13 accredited Geriatric Medicine Registrar training positions.
Alfred Health participates in the centralised match for Advanced Trainees in Geriatric Medicine in Victoria. All advanced training positions will be appointed through the centralised match.
For 2023, applicants will need to apply to both Alfred Health (see here) as well as to the Post Graduate Medical Council of Victoria Matching Service (PMCV).
Please visit the Victorian Geriatric Medicine Training Program website for further details (see here).
For further enquiries please contact: Dr Eva Kipen, email@example.com, phone (03) 9076 6000.
Applications for new trainees close on 23/8/2022.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Closes in 6 days - 23 Aug 2022
- Published on 02 Aug 2022, 12:07 AM