- Job no: 66550
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent, Part-time (4 days/wk)
- Based in Moorabbin
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse (Grade 4), Social Worker / Occupational Therapist / Speech Pathologist / Psychologist (Grade 3)
- Frequent professional development opportunities
What's in it for you
- Regular professional supervision
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
- Work-life balance
INFANT, CHILD & YOUTH AREA MENTAL HEALTH & WELLBEING SERVICE (ICYAMHWS)
Alfred ICYAMHWS is one component of the Department of Mental & Addiction Health at Alfred Health. We are a community-based service providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioural, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties.
ICYAMHWS provides clinical services in partnership with a wide range of service providers to achieve the best possible outcomes. Alfred ICYAMHWS is committed to active participation by families and young people in evaluating and improving our services.
The ICYAMHWS sector teams provide care to children, adolescents and their families within the inner southern region between the ages of 4-24 years. The sector teams manage and co-ordinate the referral and intake into the service as well as offering assessment, treatment and case management. Further services within this sector include single session family consultations, eating disorders program and mentalisation-based therapy.
What you’ll be doing
In this role, you will provide a full range of clinical casework and other therapeutic interventions within Alfred ICYAMHWS , including formal assessments, individual, family and group therapy and education programs.
This will include assessment (including crisis assessment), intervention and case management services to clients and their families including those with co-morbid difficulties.
What we need from you
- Approved tertiary qualifications and eligibility for with the relevant professional registering body (Nurses & Midwifery Board/Occupational Therapy Board/Psychology Board via AHPRA, or Speech Pathology Australia, or AASW)
- Australian working rights
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Located close to public transport, shops and cafes
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Stephanie Haikal on ph: 8552 0555
Closing date: Sunday, 26th November 2023 by 11pm AEDT
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.