- Job no: 48182
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Allied Health Assistance
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Casual positions available
- Classification: Allied Health Assistant Grade 2
- Working across all wards and clinical programs at The Alfred
- Supporting clinical teams and patients
In the role of Allied Health Assistant (AHA) (ADL/FS) you will provide support to the nursing team in the delivery of safe and quality patient-centred care. You will work under the direction of a registered nurse at all times and will be professionally supervised by an Allied Health Lead. The AHA (ADL/FS) will report to the Nurse Manager or Registered Nurse delegate in relation to day-to-day clinical activities and work within a nursing team with oversight provided by a Registered Nurse.
The main objectives of this role are:
- To participate in delegated care delivery relating to patient activities of daily living, ensuring that the personal needs and comfort of patients is maintained
- To assist in providing a safe patient environment and additional supervision ensuring patient safety is maintained
- To enhance patient recovery by assisting with patient bed positioning, transfers, ambulation and other care activities as outlined in the AHA (ADL/FS) specific duty list within the care environment
- Within the confines of the AHA (ADL/FS) role, to provide general support to the Wards/Units, ensuring effective and efficient care delivery
- Completion of Certificate III or IV (Allied Health Assistance) from a registered training organisation, OR
- Allied Health undergraduate student (in a relevant health science discipline) having successfully completed at least 12 months of study
For more information about the position refer to the Position Description below.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Catherine Wolters on 0412 659 361 or Catherine.Wolters@alfred.org.au
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.
- Closed 7 months ago - 27 Jan 2022