Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Experienced Emergency Department Registered Nurse
- Sandringham Hospital
- Full and part-time positions available
An exciting opportunity is available for Critical Care trained Registered Nurses interested in joining the Sandringham Emergency Department.
Sandringham Hospital is a community-based hospital with a modern department and integrated Urgent Care Centre. We have an increasing number of patients each year, with over 45,000 presentations a year on average, 30% of them children. If you want exposure to all aspects of emergency nursing, paediatric care, obstetrics & gynaecology then this place is for you.
If you are looking to further develop your career, come and explore our dynamic, rewarding and high profile Alfred Health Emergency Department.
As an experienced clinical nurse your practice will lead to excellence in patient care. You understand the importance of establishing a relationship between the patient and yourself in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for your patients. You demonstrate the core nursing values of patient centred care, trust and respect in every interaction with patients, carers and colleagues. As nurse you are accountable for establishing and evaluating the patient’s plan of care in partnership with the patient, their carers and other members of the health care team. You are supported in your role as a clinical nurse by all other nursing positions.
- Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia via AHPRA
- Completion of Post Graduate Certificate in Critical Care (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Professional manner
- Emergency Nursing experience
- Emergency Triage and leadership experience
- Hold an appropriate visa with working rights
- Support and development with experienced Clinical Nurse Educators
- Flexible and request rostering
- Exposure to a wide range of patient presentations
- Child Care
- On-site car parking
- Salary packaging
If you have any questions please contact Emma Saddington on 9076 1573
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.