Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed term 12-month contract
- Full Time (1.0 EFT – 76 hours/fortnight)
- Grade: HS3-HS4 (salary negotiable based on experience) - Victorian Public Health Sector, Management and Administrative Workers 2016-2020
- Location: Alfred Centre, Central Clinical School, Melbourne
Monash University's Department of Neuroscience is the first university academic department in Australia dedicated to developing and providing solutions for patients with neurological conditions. Established in early 2018, the Department partners closely with the Alfred Hospital (Melbourne, Australia).
The Central Clinical School is co-located with The Alfred Hospital and is an integral part of the Alfred Medical Research and Education Precinct (AMREP). CCS is a centre for clinical and biomedical research and education and a core hub for translational research and medicine, covering a great breadth of subject areas.
The MSBase Foundation is an independent not-for-profit organisation that owns and operates the MSBase Registry.
The MSBase Registry is a unique international collaboration of clinicians and researchers working in the field of multiple sclerosis (MS) and other neuroimmunological diseases, particularly myasthenia gravis (MG), neuromyelitis (NMO), NMO spectrum disorder and anti-Mog syndrome. The Foundation provides MSBase Registry members with freely available data-entry and data-sharing technology, a governance framework, and several scientific support services, with the aim of facilitating collaborative research, assisting health-care providers to inform patient care in daily practice, and overall to improve healthcare for people living with MS and other neuroimmunological diseases. The Registry commenced in 2004 and has accumulated over 70,000 patient records from 40 countries globally and is the largest organised global repository of longitudinal, 'real-world' patient data in MS.
- A global Board of Directors and a Scientific Leadership Group (SLG) govern and provide strategic direction and data custodianship to the operations and scientific areas of the Foundation respectively.
- The Operations Team are responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and management of the Registry.
- The Managing Director of the Foundation is a Professor of Neurology and the Chair of Multiple Sclerosis and Neuroimmunology Research in the Monash Department of Neuroscience, Central Clinical School. The Foundation has an agreement with the Monash Central Clinical School, who host the MSBase Foundation operations team at the Alfred Centre and provide the operations team with Alfred Health contracts and other workplace benefits.
To learn more about MSBase, please visit www.msbase.org
The MSBase Study Coordinator and Scientific Secretary will coordinate a large, multi-sponsored real-world drug safety study in multiple sclerosis (MS): "Safe MS Care". as well as other research studies and smaller projects as required. They will also be responsible for providing executive support to the MSBase Scientific Leadership Group (SLG), the MSBase SLG and their various sub-committees.
We currently require a skilled coordinator to hit the ground running in the coordination of the “Safe MS Care” study, to support the MSBase and MGBase SLGs’ and the MSBase Operations Team with general administration duties as required.
Stakeholder liaison is a key responsibility of the study coordinator and as such we are looking for a candidate with a high level of professionalism, excellent communication skills and the ability to exercise good judgement.
Due to the international nature of MSBase, the SLGs’ comprise a group of international healthcare providers and we therefore require a team player who has the flexibility and willingness to attend after-hours teleconferences as necessary.
MSBase values a flexible work environment and provides flexible working arrangements to counterbalance staff attendance at after-hours meetings.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Chief Operating Officer and the Operations and Finance Manager, the successful candidate is expected to assist the Operations Team with other administrative tasks as required.
The successful candidate should also be able and willing to travel internationally from time to time for meetings relating to the sub-studies that they coordinate (e.g., Safety sub-study stakeholder meetings) and will assist with the coordination of the Foundation’s activities in preparation for the annual international European MS conference (ECTRIMS), and potentially take part in operating the MSBase conference booth, as required, and when travel is permitted.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
As the successful candidate you will possess and be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree qualification or equivalent
- Previous experience in an administrative role and in project coordination
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build professional relationships
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- High proficiency in using Microsoft Office in a PC environment and ability to learn new software applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret and follow research procedures and protocols
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to learn, show initiative and exercise good judgement
- Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously depending on daily project requirements
- Experience working in the medical industry, specifically in registries, clinical research or electronic databasing
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordinate projects including investigator-initiated sub-studies and pharmaceutical contracted analyses:
- Write and distribute communications to recruit centres to the studies
- Liaise with study investigators to encourage and support continued participation
- Liaise with study investigators to ensure compliance with protocols and financial agreements
- Liaise with the data monitor to facilitate query feedback to investigators
- Coordinate investigator reimbursements and process payments
- Assist with the preparation of financial agreements and sub-study financial reconciliation reports
- Liaise with pharmaceutical sponsors, project leads and the MSBase Statistician regarding sub-studies and contracted analyses; host and attend teleconferences in relation to these projects
- Monitor project progress and ensure contracted milestones are met, including the preparation of written reports for sponsors
- Coordinate the executive support for MSBase and BigMS European and Global Safety Registry development
Scientific Leadership Group Secretary (MSBase and MGBase and their sub-committees)
- Provide executive support to the Scientific Leadership Groups’ and the SLG sub-committees
- Plan, host and attend SLG and steering committee meetings, and provide full administrative support including the creation/distribution of agenda and meeting files
- Document and distribute minutes and action lists
- Adhere to the SLG regulations and ensure committees follow applicable policies and procedures
Other administrative assistance
- Event coordination
- Co-coordinate the MSBase Foundation’s presence at the annual international European MS conference which includes organisation of meetings, staff attendance, exhibition booth and the development of communications and marketing materials
- Provide support to the Operations and Finance Manager as required, this may include:
- Processing of payments in CommBiz
- Xero data entry
- Perform general office administration duties as required
The MSBase Foundation provides a dynamic and flexible work environment, in which you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of tasks, learn new skills and contribute to the running of an important multiple sclerosis research study.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Applications close Friday 3rd December at 11pm
If applicable, please specify any personal requirements in your cover letter or CV.
All enquiries to Eloise Hinson on 040860073 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.