Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- 2 x positions available
- Fixed term : 12 months
- Full Time : 76 hours per fortnight
- Classification code : HS1-HS2 ($65,234-$69,777 p/a dependent on experience)
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
STAREE (www.staree.org.au) is a double-blind, randomised primary prevention trial investigating whether daily active treatment of Atorvastatin versus placebo will enhance disability-free survival (death, dementia and disability) and prevent major cardiovascular outcomes in healthy participants aged 70 years and over. The trial is primarily funded by the National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia.
This is an exciting opportunity for two Endpoint Captains to join the ‘STAtins in Reducing Events in the Elderly’ (STAREE) clinical trial located in Melbourne. They will report to members of the STAREE management team overseeing endpoint collection and adjudication.
The main responsibilities of the Endpoint Captains will be to request and obtain clinical documentation and prepare endpoint cases for adjudication by external adjudication committees. The Endpoint Captains will be responsible for reviewing endpoint cases to ensure that all clinical documents are fully de-identified, and that sufficient documentation has been obtained to meet the endpoint criteria. They will liaise with STAREE management, medical officers and endpoint assistants.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent attention to detail, the ability to prioritise tasks in a busy environment, a high level of written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
The appointee will also have/be:
- A degree in a medical or health sciences field with relevant work experience
- Highly organised with proven ability to prioritise tasks in a busy environment
- Ability to solve problems by using discretion, innovation and the diagnostic skills within areas of functional responsibility or professional expertise
- High levels of written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated ability to adhere to protocols and standard operating procedures
- Demonstrated computer skills in databases, word processing and spreadsheets
- Thorough understanding of human research ethics principles
- Demonstrated capacity to work with internal and external colleagues in a collegiate manner
- Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Previous experience in a similar organisation and environment
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Discounted car parking
If you have any enquiries about the role, please contact Andrea Curtis, Research and Governance Manager at email@example.com
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.