Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed-Term – 12 month contract
- Full-Time – 80 hours per fortnight
- Classification – RN Grade 3 Research (YU13)
- Cutting edge clinical research
- Supportive team environment
- Excellent professional development opportunities
The Monash Alfred Psychiatry research centre (MAPrc), part of Alfred Health and Monash University, is based at 607 St Kilda Road, Melbourne and Directed by Professor Jayashri Kulkarni who has an international track record in research focussed on developing improved treatments for women experiencing mental illness. Under her guidance, MAPrc conducts world class integrated clinical research with a focus on improving quality of life for people with serious mental illness, through the development of new treatments and by increasing our knowledge about the causes and course of these illnesses
An exciting position is available to join a dynamic clinical mental health research team at MAPrc, led by Professor Jayashri Kulkarni (AM) at MAPrc based at The Alfred Hospital. The MAPrc team are focussed on two main areas; women’s mental health and psychopharmacology. Our goal is to enhance the current treatments available and develop new treatments and new approaches that will benefit people living with mental illness.
The position will be primarily responsible for providing nursing and clinical trial coordination into the assessment of participants in clinical trials as well as the day to day conduct of current clinical trials under the supervision of the Professor Kulkarni.
Qualifications and experience:
Current Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing registration is required. Postgraduate training and/or clinical experience working in clinical trials with people with mental illness is desirable.
You will have:
- A nursing qualification from a recognised institution with current registration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal skills,
- Strong attention to detail and ability to adhere to documentation guidelines,
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines,
- Prior mental health and/or clinical trials experience is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in clinical research and/or clinical trials is highly desirable
This role is a full-time but could be part-time by negotiation and is a 12-month contract position, with potential for contract extension
Anthony de Castella, 03 9076 6564, Anthony.email@example.com
21st October 2021, 11:55pm Aus. Eastern Daylight Time
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.