Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Full-time with flexible ADO to October 2022
- Based in Moorabbin
- RPN Grade 4, SW/SP/OT/PSY Grade 3
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
Alfred CYMHS is one component of the Department of Mental & Addiction Health at Alfred Health. We are a community-based service providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioural, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties.
What you’ll be doing
As one of our senior clinicians, you will be a part of a team that covers our intake, consultation and liaison activity as part of a broader clinical role that is divided equally between general CYMHS clinical casework/therapy and the intake/consultation roles. The intake clinicians are often the first point of contact for CYMHS and hold primary responsibility for managing referrals to CYMHS. This includes screening all referrals according to triage scales and performing risk assessment to ensure prioritisation of response.
You will also provide clinical assessment and intervention, case-management and single session/brief therapy with children and young people with emotional, behavioural and mental health difficulties and their families.
What you’ve got
- Approved tertiary qualifications and eligibility for membership of AHPRA or appropriate professional body
- Developmental Psychiatry Course or equivalent (desirable)
- Training and experience in providing child and adolescent mental health services (desirable)
- Australian working rights
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence
- Have/be willing to apply for a valid Victorian Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a background check
What’s in it for you
- Access to salary packaging, discounted health insurance and banking
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Great work-life balance
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Stephanie Haikal on ph: 8552 0555
Closing date: Sunday 3 October 2021 by 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.