Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed-Term – 28 February 2023
- Part-Time – 45.6 hours per fortnight
- Classification code – Equivalent to Grade 3 Allied Health
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
The Allied Health Program at Alfred Health comprises a number of Allied Health services (Interpreters, Disability Liaison, Nutrition, Occupational Therapy, Orthoptics, Pastoral Care, Patient & Family Services, Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Prosthetics & Orthotics, Psychology and Speech Pathology) who provide patient centred care across all clinical programs that operate at Alfred Health. Allied Health disciplines provide patient centred care that will optimise physical, psychosocial, communication and cognitive functioning. To ensure that the allied health workforce is fit for purpose, a robust governance structure provides overstaff of staff and student education, research, workforce innovation and quality and safety.
Alfred Health is committed to improving the way we provide health services to people with disabilities and their families, and to offer support when required to enable them to participate actively in decision making about their healthcare. We are also striving to promote a healthy, respectful and safe workplace for our staff with disabilities. We have an expanding team of project staff and clinicians who are dedicated to improving access and services for people with a range of disabilities.
The Senior Research Assistant will work as a member of the SPEAK Project Team and contribute to the overall effectiveness of the SPEAK Project. The incumbent will play a role in supporting the planning, implementation and reporting of the SPEAK Project evaluation across Alfred Health and South West Healthcare. Evaluation activities will be overseen by the Principal Investigator and developed and reviewed in conjunction with the SPEAK Project Evaluation Advisory Group and consumers with lived experience of disability. The incumbent will work as a member of the SPEAK Project team which includes Disability Consumer Consultants and contributes to the overall effectiveness of the SPEAK Project.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a tertiary qualification in health and/or disability
- Experience in the coordination and conduct of clinical research study activities (including ethics applications, documentation, recruitment, and study management) is required.
- Well suited to someone with interest and/or experience with quantitative and qualitative research
- Duties will include data collection and analysis (including file audits, surveys, interviews and focus groups).
- Experience engaging with people with disability and their support people, with the ability to show understanding of the challenges they face will be highly regarded.
- Salary packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Easy public transport access and Staff car parking
- Child care services
Please refer to the Position Description for further details on the role including the essential and desirable qualifications and experience.
Applicants are advised to submit a current CV and cover letter, ensuring that the essential and desirable selection criteria are addressed as part of the application.
Applications close 11:59pm Sunday 1st August 2021. If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Janine Standen on 0428 028 405
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.