Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Permanent - Ongoing
- Part-Time – 32 hours per fortnight
- Classification code - PL1/OT3/RPN4/SW3
- Alfred location
AMAH is responsible for the operation of services which focus on people with a mental illness residing in the Inner South-eastern area of Melbourne. Services are provided by a number of teams located at the Alfred Hospital (Commercial Road, Prahran) and at St. Kilda Road Clinic, Waiora Clinic in Hawksburn, Alma Road CCU in St. Kilda and the Child & Adolescent Service located in Moorabbin and Headspace located in Elsternwick, Bentleigh, Syndal and other satellite clinics. Aged Psychiatry is located at Caulfield campus of Alfred Health. AMAH also works in partnership with relevant local non-government and social support agencies.
The single most important goal of Alfred Psychiatry is to create an environment that facilitates clinical recovery, supports individual recovery efforts and strives to minimise service system barriers to the recovery process.
Gambling minds is a state-wide team whose goal is to increase the knowledge and capacity of the Gamblers Help Services (GHS) and mental health clinicians in Area Mental Health Services across Victoria to provide optimal outcomes for clients presenting with co-occurring gambling harms and mental illness.
This position is situated at 549 St Kilda Rd with the CLE teams. It will require some travel within Victoria but service will largely be provided via telehealth and face to face appointments from St Kilda Rd Clinic at 607 St Kilda Rd. Responsibilities include the provision of clinical assessments, short term interventions, consultation and education. The incumbent will work closely with the Co-ordinator and the psychiatrist to determine formulations, diagnostic clarification, treatment planning and recommendations. Supervision and the delivery of on-line education packages to GHS staff, mental health clinicians and other services who provide assistance to this cohort of individuals, form part of the duties for this role.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Registration with AHPRA with Tertiary qualifications in clinical psychology with a
minimum of 3 years post graduate experience including having worked within a community mental health setting or,
- AHPRA registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a registered nurse with tertiary qualifications in mental health nursing – post graduate diploma equivalent as a minimum and 5 years’ experience or,
- Approved Social Work degree or qualification acceptable for eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers. Post graduate qualification in mental health.
Minimum of 3 years post graduate mental health experience or,
- Registration with the AHPRA with Tertiary qualifications in occupational therapy and post graduate diploma in mental health as a minimum.
- Minimum of 3 years post graduate experience including having worked within a community mental health setting
- A Victorian Driver’s licence is essential
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
All enquiries to Kathryn Henderson on 9076 2773
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.