Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Community Development Worker
- 2x Casual Positions Available
- Classification code – CDW 2B (XX7-ON15)
- Caulfield or Frankston location
- Staff benefits
Alfred Health Carer Services (Carer Services) support the people who care.
Carer Services is funded by State and Commonwealth Governments to deliver programs including phone support, in person support services, peer support, information and social activities to carers (including young carers) of people who are aged, living with dementia, have a disability or chronic illness, and/or mental illness. We provide services to support carers and care relationships in a client-centred, timely and responsive manner. Carer Services is part of Alfred Health’s Home, Acute and Community program.
This is an exciting time to join the Carer Services team as we move to a new service delivery model.
We are currently looking for two allied health professionals to join our casual bank. Casual staff may be required to support all programs in the service at various times, with the majority of the work being phone-based.
This position contributes to the development and delivery of client-facing programs within Carer Services. Carer Services provide service to:
- Aged - for carers of people who are frail and aged, and/or have dementia; and
- DMHYC - for carers of people who have a disability, a medical condition (including a terminal or chronic illness) and/or mental illness; and young carers of people of any age and condition.
The candidates should demonstrate and respond to needs of carers’, identifying appropriate interventions and linking carers to services that support the carer, caring role and care relationship. Community Development practice aims to work with carers and the person they care for to address issues and needs facilitating solutions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelor-level qualifications in Health, Behavioural Sciences, Social Sciences or Welfare
- Experience working with carer’s and families
- Knowledge and experience working within disability, aged, mental health or community services
- Experience in managing a caseload, with skills in needs assessment, support planning and providing emotional support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of National Disability Insurance Scheme and My Aged Care desirable
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access and discounted staff car parking
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Putheavy Pan on 9076 4305.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.