Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed-term full time
- Annual salary $75k-$80k
The Finance Department provides a wide range of financial and related services to all areas of Alfred Health. Financial Services include financial accounting and compliance, management accounting, financial analysis, decision support, analysis of clinical performance, clinical costing, support for financial information systems and transactional services (including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Medical Billing). Data and Analytical Services (DAS) is part of finance and provides specialised data management, analysis and reporting services to Alfred Health and also providing application support for key corporate applications.
A significant part of Finance Department's responsibility is financial budgeting, forecasting and monitoring of actual performance to budget and forecast positions, as well as financial reporting and governance; that is, ensuring that Alfred Health is compliant with various government, auditing and taxation requirements.
POSITION SUMMARY - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
The Project Support Officer - Finance Systems Projects will report to Project and Redesign Lead, to provide project support, to assist with finance analysis and testing in relation to Finance Systems Projects implementations and ongoing process improvement of existing finance systems and other projects carried out by Alfred Health. The role will provide support as and where necessary, to successfully implement the functional and non-functional requirements; assisting the Project Team to liaise with the finance department to ensure Finance Business needs are met, whilst also supporting business outcomes for their customers, being Alfred Health Business Units, Executive and Program Directors. This will include supporting finance systems testing to ensure the software solution meets and optimally delivers the agreed business requirements, captured as part of the Project or Process Improvement Delivery plans.
The incumbent will also be responsible for supporting quality outputs, timely financial analysis and testing related to any of the projects and as required by the Project and Redesign Lead or senior management.
The role may also involve supporting with other finance related project implementations and potentially covering other appropriate roles / tasks across the Financial Services team as required.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the Project Team with project related tasks, as directed, including assisting with the analysis and assessment of the proposed software solutions build and parameter settings to ensure optimum delivery of approved business requirements (both functional and non-function) and business requirements solution documents.
• Meet project deadlines, track assigned deliverables and timing of project activities, whilst supporting a number of projects/or project streams in a pressured, large-volume work environment.
• Support stakeholder engagement, providing optimum customer service with a ‘can-do’ approach.
• Support reporting and project documentation requirements development (internal and external).
• Assist with research and analyse information and make recommendations based on relevant evidence.
• Identify issues that may hinder completion of tasks, escalate any possible variance from project outcomes, cost or timeframes, in a timely manner and find appropriate solutions.
• Support the development of Unit Test scripts and support Unit Testing for proposed solutions.
• Provide support for business users as part of UAT and training requirements.
• Maintain effective relationships with, and support for, the broader Financial Services team and Finance Program.
• Adhoc project or Finance related activities as required.
A chance to further your career in health analytics as part of a dynamic team.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
All enquiries to Samantha Reeves, Project and Redesign Lead: email@example.com
Please include a CV and Cover Letter.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.