Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Life at Carer Services is fast moving and challenging while making a difference to the lives of unpaid carers across our region
- Community Development Worker: Carer Engagement
- Full time / Fixed-term until December 2021
- Classification code – CDW 2B (XX7-ON15)
- Caulfield or Frankston location
- Staff benefits
Alfred Health Carer Services (Carer Services) support the people who care.
Carer Services is funded by State and Commonwealth Governments to deliver programs including phone support, in person support services, peer support, information and social activities to carers (including young carers) of people who are aged, living with dementia, have a disability or chronic illness, and/or mental illness. We provide services to support carers and care relationships in a client-centred, timely and responsive manner. Carer Services is part of Alfred Health’s Home, Acute and Community program.
This is an exciting time to join the Carer Services team as we move to a new service delivery model.
The Community Development Worker: Carer Engagement is a member of the Carer Engagement team, working to engage and collaborate with key partners and stakeholders to enhance social inclusion, participation, and advocacy for carers in the community. As a team, the focus is on delivering an annual carer engagement plan and activities.
- Tertiary qualifications in Health, Behavioural Sciences, Social Sciences, Community Development or Welfare
- Minimum 3 years’ experience and knowledge of at least two practice areas (Aged, Dementia, Disability, Mental Health, Youth Services)
- Demonstrates understanding of issues facing carers and people from diverse communities and available services
- Experience in community development, promotion, event development and working with a broad service system
- Highly developed attention to detail, organisation and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to establish effective working relationships with stakeholders
- Self-motivated and resilient
- Learns new systems, processes, programs, database and software with ease
- Effective team player who contributes positively to work and interdisciplinary team culture
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands, assess urgency, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Successful applicants must undergo a police check and must hold a current Working with Children Check
- Experience working in a community or health setting
- Awareness of issues facing carers, and diverse communities
- High level skills and experience in end to end event delivery across public or private sectors
- Friendly, supportive team culture
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Easy public transport access
Enquiries: Jane Rossiter (Acting) Team Leader: Carer Engagement on (03) 9076 9653
To apply: Please click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button - all applications must have a supporting Cover Letter
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.