Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Life at Carer Services is fast moving and challenging while making a difference to the lives of unpaid carers across our region
- Administration Officer
- 32 hours per week
- Permanent – Ongoing
- Classification code – HS2
- Caulfield location
- Staff benefits
Alfred Health Carer Services (Carer Services) support the people who care.
Carer Services is funded by State and Commonwealth Governments to deliver programs including phone support, in person support services, peer support, information and social activities to carers (including young carers) of people who are aged, living with dementia, have a disability or chronic illness, and/or mental illness. We provide services to support carers and care relationships in a client-centred, timely and responsive manner. Carer Services is part of Alfred Health’s Home, Acute and Community program.
The Administration Officer is a member of the Operations Team. This is an exciting time to join the Carer Services team as we move to a new service delivery model.
The Administration Officer provides experienced and specialist administrative support to staff and management and provides day-to-day support to the Administration team.
This dynamic role is well suited to someone who is happy to shift priorities at a moment’s notice.
The Administration team perform a range of tasks associated with responding to calls, upholding office environments and operations, arranging service bookings and confirmations, processing invoices and providing support to staff and management.
- A passion to serve customers with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Effective team player who contributes positively to work and interdisciplinary team culture
- Self-motivated and resilient
- Experience leading staff in managing day-to-day work requirements and tasks
- Well-developed problem solving, creative thinking abilities
- Easily adapts to learning new systems, processes, programs, database applications and software
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands, assess urgency, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral, written and listening communication skills
- Successful applicants must undergo a police check and have a current Working with Children Check
- Diploma level (or working toward) office administration or business management.
- Recent contact centre experience within the hospitality, tourism or other customer focused industries
- Formal training in Microsoft applications
- Friendly, supportive team culture
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Easy public transport access
Application process - Please submit an updated CV and supporting Cover Letter to include the question "Tell us about the best team you have been a part of and what made it a good fit for you. What qualities do you most respect in your peers?"
Enquiries: Diana Kovago, Administration Supervisor on (03) 9076 6352
To apply: Please click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.