Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Permanent ongoing
- Full time /Part-time negotiable – 64 to 80 hours per fortnight available
- Classification code – OT4/SW4/RPN5
- St Kilda Road Clinic location (St Kilda Rd Melbourne)
- Staff benefits
Alfred Mental and Addiction Health (AMAH) comprises adult, aged and child & adolescent mental health services and is the Area Mental Health Service responsible for the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
Alfred Mental and Addiction Health (AMAH) is seeking an experienced mental health clinician with a passion for working with people with concurring mental illness and offending behaviours, and those at risk of engaging in offending behaviours.
You will have extensive experience working with forensic client groups, and will have relevant qualifications in Forensic Behavioural Science (or equivalent), as well as be trained in a range of evidence based risk assessments and tools.
The Forensic Clinical Specialist (FCS), supported by the Forensic Senior Clinician, will support organisational capacity in responding to forensic client groups through the provision of specialist assessments, planning, secondary consultation and workforce training and education. The FCS provides an important link between the Alfred (AMAH), Forensicare, Victoria Police, Corrections and the Justice System.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Registration with relevant professional organisation or body with relevant post graduate qualifications
- Full APRHA Registration or relevant professional organisation or body such as eligibility for Membership of AASW.
- Post Graduate Degree - Masters Forensic Behavioural Science, or equivalent (or working towards same)
- Minimum 10 years clinical experience working in a clinical or forensic setting.
- Substantial experience in clinical leadership and a record of delivering high quality service outcomes.
- Highly developed knowledge of community mental health, advanced clinical skills and understanding of forensic and behavioural science.
- Experience and competence in delivering effective training and education.
- An in-depth understanding of community care and treatment models, telephone consultation, referral systems, mental state and risk assessment.
- Thorough knowledge of the Victorian Mental Health Act (2014) and other relevant legislation and policies.
- A thorough knowledge of the mental health and criminal justice systems.
- Background and/ or experience in forensic mental health
- Relevant post graduate qualification
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Discounted car parking
- On-site Cafe
- Central location with excellent Public Transport access
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Susanne Birks on 9076 9888
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.