Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Allied Health Professional - Allied Health Assistant or Assistant in Nursing
- Full and Part-time hours available, Mon-Fri hours
- AM / PM and Night shift duties available
- Fixed term – until December 2021
- Classification code - AHA (TC2 or equivalent) / AIN, UGAIN (CW1 or equivalent)
- Staff benefits
The Outpatients COVID-19 response consists of the Entry Point Screening (EPS) stations and COVID-19 Screening Clinic team. It is a dynamic, fast paced team responding to increases in demand and requirements during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Outpatients COVID-19 Response team is responsible for implementing criteria set by the DHHS and Alfred Health in both the EPS and Screening Clinic services, supported by the leadership team.
EPS staff are the essential gate keepers to the organisation, ensuring all who enter have been appropriately screened. EPS team members are responsible for taking temperatures, asking screening questions, and determining the appropriate pathway for those who do not meet requirements of entry.
The role of the Allied Health Professional (AHP) is to provide support to the nursing team in the delivery of safe and quality patient centred care. The AHP is required to work under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse at all times, within their level of education and assessed competencies and also under clearly defined role parameters. The main objectives of this role are:
- To assist in providing a safe patient environment and additional supervision ensuring patient safety is maintained.
- The AHP works as an assistant to the health care team in managing COVID-19 completing non-invasive testing of temperature (and documentation of findings and contact details), collecting specimens for testing and undertaking close contact tracing.
Candidates must be availble for a 6:15am start. Priority will be give to people who can work full to part time hours, Monday-Friday.
- Certificate III in Health Services Assistance (Acute) or willingness to undertake additional units if required or equivalent training as part of a Bachelor of Nursing Degree
- Cert IV in Allied Health Assitance
- Previous experience working in a healthcare setting – desirable but not essential
- Current Victorian Working Children's Check
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access
Enquiries: COVID Operations Team on 03) 9076 0685
To apply: Please click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.